Rough Chop Cabbage and White Bean Soup.
You can have Rough Chop Cabbage and White Bean Soup using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rough Chop Cabbage and White Bean Soup
- You need 1 of large leek.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion.
- You need 4 of large to medium carrots.
- You need 1 of Savoy cabbage.
- Prepare 5-6 of small to medium potatoes.
- You need 3 cans of Cannelini or Butter beans.
- It’s 3.5 liters of vegetable stock.
- It’s of Small handful of peppercorns.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- You need of Salt.
Rough Chop Cabbage and White Bean Soup step by step
- Get in the mood for a winter warmer! ❄️ Listen to Haydn: The Seasons..
- Clean the leek. Remove unwanted pieces. Slice leek in half, then finely sliced. Finely chop your onion and add to a warmed pot with a few clugs of olive oil..
- After 5 minutes of stirring occasionally (so nothing burns) add half of a carrot very finely diced. Keep cooking down until you have golden brown onions and your leeks are pulling apart..
- Add your roughly chopped cabbage to the pot. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes or so. You want the cabbage to be nicely coated. Add a couple more glugs of olive oil..
- While the cabbage is cooking and you are stirring occasionally, rough slice and rough chop your carrots and potatoes respectively. Once the cabbage has turned a nice dark green in spots, fold in the veg and cook those a bit (3-5 minutes).
- Add one liter of stock and get it boiling..
- Add your beans to the boiling stock. Then add the rest of the stock. (2.5L or so depending on how much broth you like).
- Ladel in to bowl and enjoy! .
- Keep your trimmed vegetable bits, onion skins and freeze them. Use those later for my homemade vegetable stock. (recipe up soon).