Smoky creamy mushroom soup with garlic croutons. A smooth and creamy mushroom soup served with garlic, thyme & parmesan croutons. These croutons are garlicky and cheesy and have just the right amount of thyme so that they go perfectly with this soup. You will have some leftover if you do make them, they will keep in an airtight container.
This creamy mushroom soup is like a hug in a bowl! Garnish with garlic croutons and leave the cream and butter out for a vegan version. This mushroom soup came about because I had asked my husband to get me some mushrooms for the pierogi recipe I posted recently… and he came back. You can have Smoky creamy mushroom soup with garlic croutons using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoky creamy mushroom soup with garlic croutons
- You need 12-14 of button mushroom roughly chopped.
- You need 3-4 of spring onion bulb finally chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1tsp of crushed black pepper.
- It’s 3 of tblspn refined flour.
- It’s 2 cup of vegetable stock/ water.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh cream.
- You need 3 tbsp of processed cheese and for garnishing too.
- Prepare 2 of spring onion greens finally chopped and for garnishing.
These days, I still love mushroom soup, but I make it from scratch without dairy. What is the secret to the creaminess without the cream? To take this delicious soup to the next level, you must make the Garlic Herb Croutons. They are ridiculously rich, perfectly seasoned, and extra crunchy.
Smoky creamy mushroom soup with garlic croutons instructions
- Heat 1 tblspn butter in a non-stick pan..
- Add spring onion bulb and saute till translucent.
- Add mushroom and saute for 3 to 4 minutes..
- Add salt and crushed pepper and mix well and transfer in plate..
- Heat remaining butter in the same pan add flour and saute for 2 minutes or till it became golden..
- Add water or stock mix and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or till thick..
- Add milk gradually mix it and bring to boil..
- Take 2 spoon saute mushroom with little milk and churn into paste..
- Add saute mushroom mixture and mix well..
- Add salt and black peppercorns and mix well..
- Add processed cheese and cream and give a good stir..
- Add spring onion greens and switch off the flame..
- Serve hot garnish with spring onion some cheese and black peppercorns and with homemade garlic crutons..
- Enjoy.Happy Cooing..
Crunchy sourdough croutons take this creamy mushroom soup to the next level. Adding a little rice to soups is a great way to thicken them. Return to the heat and stir through the cream and apple cider vinegar. Croutons: Place the sourdough chunks, olive oil, garlic and sea salt in a large bowl and toss. Every cook needs a good easy creamy mushroom sauce recipe.