Spanish home-made Chicken Noodle Soup (sopa de Pollo). This Spanish chicken soup is a typical first course in Spanish households, regardless of the region and you are sure to be served a chicken soup with either noodles or rice if you visit a Spanish family for any length of time. This soup is perfect for those cold winter evenings when you need something to warm you from the inside out. Sopa de Pollo con Fideos (Chicken Noodle Soup) This sopa de pollo con fideo (chicken noodle soup) is loaded with flavor, tender noodles, and chunks of chicken.
On medium high heat in a Very large pot, add oil and heat. Once oil is heated, add bell pepper, onion and celery. Brown the chicken pieces to seal in their flavor. You can have Spanish home-made Chicken Noodle Soup (sopa de Pollo) using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spanish home-made Chicken Noodle Soup (sopa de Pollo)
- It’s 5 of skinned chicken thighs.
- Prepare 32 oz of chicken broth.
- Prepare 42 oz of water.
- Prepare 1 of batata (or large potato).
- It’s 1/2 cup of onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of baby carrots.
- You need 4 of minced garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of angel hair pasta.
- Prepare 1 of cilantro.
- You need 1 of adobo.
- Prepare 1 of cumin.
- You need 1 of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of packet Sazon.
Add the chicken stock or water to the chicken and bring to a boil. Sopa de fideos con pollo de Puerto Rico (because you'll find sopa de fideos in other Latin American countries as well) is Puerto Rican chicken noodle soup and it is nothing like the American version, but very delicious. Made with chicken, pumpkin, potatoes, carrots, celery, corn and fidelini noodles, this Cuban chicken soup, or sopa de pollo, is fully loaded with goodness. We start by making a homemade chicken broth, and then we add all the delicious and good-for-you veggies.
Spanish home-made Chicken Noodle Soup (sopa de Pollo) step by step
- Bring chicken, chicken broth & water to a boil in large pot.
- Add finely chopped onion, carrots, peeled and chopped batata, garlic, and seasonings. Boil until chicken is tender. Take out chicken and de-bone. Set aside.
- Add pasta and chopped cilatro. (I add a couple spicy red peppers to looks and flavor) Boil for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, cook for 5 minutes. Serve with Lime Garnish on side for taste. Buen Provecho.
To add even more goodness, the soup gets its yellow color from turmeric. Bring soup to a simmer, cook for twenty minutes and then add in your noodles. Today I made for you a highly requested video of sopa de pollo or chicken soup my way! Even now as I battle to recover from serious food poisoning, I crave a hearty soup of Sopa de Pollo. Now one thing's for certain- no two Chicken Soups are alike!