Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not.
You can have Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not
- It’s of quarter squash, peeled & sliced.
- Prepare of medium red onion, coarsely chopped.
- It’s of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of a stock cube (vegetable if vegetarian, chicken if not).
- You need of Salt.
- You need of ~ VARIATION SUGGESTIONS ~ (optional).
- It’s of crushed crispy bacon (optional).
- Prepare of sliced ham (optional).
- Prepare of shredded leftover chicken (optional).
- Prepare of diced cooked baby potato (optional).
- You need of dollops cream (optional).
- Prepare of coconut cream (optional).
Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not step by step
- In a sauce pan, place your squash, sliced into small pieces so it's easy to mash. Add onions, garlic and enough water to cover all the squash (don't place too much). Boil covered for 15 mins.
- Once soft, lower heat and mash everything while in the pot. Season with salt and 1/4 of a stock cube (crushed to powder so it's easy to mix)..
- When the squash is mashed, it gets thicker and absorbs the liquid. Taste and adjust preferred consistency accordingly by adding water a teaspoon at a time. Serve while hot..
- I enjoy this soup base on its own without any additions but sometimes I do variations too. Some non-veg ideas: // Add light cream or coconut cream // Add meat (shredded chicken, bacon or ham) // Add diced potatoes for a more filling soup // Add veggies like diced celery, corn kernels or peas.