Vegetable soup (edikaikong). Edikaikong soup has over the years topped the list of Nigerian popular soups because of its nutritional value and ease of preparation. When we say "vegetable soup" in Nigeria. This video will show you how to cook & make this famous Nigerian Vegetable soup or sauce as well elaborate more on how to cook or.
Edikaikong is a Nigerian soup that is especially beloved because it is a valuable source of nutrition The name edikaikong means vegetable soup, and it is often served with eba, pounded yam, fufu, or. Edikaikong soup is a mouth watering nutritious vegetable soup, native to the Efiks of Cross River and Akwa Ibom states in Nigeria and one of their most richest and popular soup recipe. It is actually one of the native soups of the. You can cook Vegetable soup (edikaikong) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetable soup (edikaikong)
- You need of sliced 1 bunch of ugu leaf.
- You need of Sliced water leaf half of the ugu leaf quantity.
- Prepare 4 of white ponmo (i prefer white ponmo).
- You need 1 of big head oporoko(stock fish).
- Prepare of hand full crayfish(not the tiny once).
- It’s 4 of round smoked fish (panla or any one of ur choice).
- You need of blended pepper(rough blend).
- It’s 1 of big onions.
- Prepare of Red oil.
- You need 2 cubes of knor chicken.
- You need to taste of salt.
Edikaikong soup is a Nigerian vegetable based soup cooked with assorted meat and seafood. Edikang ikong soup recipe edikaikong nigerian vegetable soup sauce. If you're interested in trying your hand at making Edikaikong soup — a popular Nigerian vegetable soup with ugu leaves, according to African Foods — you have a little bit. Step by step: Easy method of Cooking Akwa Ibom EDIKAIKONG SOUP.
Vegetable soup (edikaikong) instructions
- Wash ur vegetables well to avoid sand Set aside,.
- Wash ur ponmo cut into small pieces, wash the oporoko and shred put them all in a pot slice in half of the onions put in one knor chicken and salt to taste add little water to boil.
- Whilst doing that remove the head of the crayfish and shred the smoked fish. Once the ponmo and the oporoko is soft enuff put it down.
- Place a clean pot on the gas put in ur red oil once its hot slice the remaining onions in it and add ur rough blend pepper let it fry then add the ponmo oporoko crafish smoke fish and all ur seasoning to taste.
- Once it simmer well add ur pumpkin leaf turn well let it cook for like 5min and then add the water leaf turn and let it simmer for 2min more then its ready.
This soup is also known as edikaikong soup. It is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and The best edikaikong soup recipe to taste! Image: youtube.com, @ NenyeLicious TV, giphy.com (modified. Nigerian Vegetable soup differs from tribe to tribe and the only head way is that some vegetables are more popular than others. Follow the instructions below to try the Edikaikong soup at home.