Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole. Impossibly Easy Tater Tots™ Cheeseburger Casserole. This cheeseburger Tater Tot® casserole is a quick and easy weeknight dinner that's family friendly. We're always down for a bacon cheeseburger but when we thought up a way to turn the dish into a delicious casserole with the addition of tater tots, we were totally hooked!
Cheeseburgers, especially bacon cheeseburgers, are literally our most favorite thing to order out, whether we're grabbing fast food or. This recipe for tater tot casserole was inspired by another time-honored American tradition; a classic cheeseburger and fries. How to make Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole: First things first, you're going to pull out your saute pan and fry up some bacon. You can cook Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole
- Prepare 1 lb of bacon fried crisp and crumbled.
- You need 2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare of Large onion diced… (reserve a third of the onion for garnish).
- It’s 3 cups of shredded cheddar (I prefer aged).
- Prepare 1 can of cheddar cheese soup.
- Prepare 2 cups of sour cream.
- You need 1 tbls of Montreal steak spice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sage.
- It’s of Salt & pepper to personal preference.
- Prepare of Dill pickles sliced.
Top with bacon, tater tots, and shredded cheese. Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Casserole is a flavorful, easy weeknight dinner. Your favorite ground meat, bacon, cheeses, tater tots and more! Now, back to this Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Casserole.
Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large skillet Fry bacon until crisp set aside Reserve enough bacon grease to start frying Burger.
- Brown ground beef & 2/3 of the onion drain off excess Grease (I like waiting till the beef is halfway cooked before adding my onions) add Montreal steak spice salt pepper and sage to your taste and liking.
- Mix into ground beef… crumbled bacon, 2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar cheese soup, 2 cups sour cream and pour mixture into 9 by 13 greased baking dish spreading it out evenly.
- Layer tater tots evenly in rows covering the entire surface of meat mixture & bake on the middle rack for 45 to 50 min. until tater tots are golden brown remove and top with remaining cheese return to oven until melted.
- I like to serve mine with sliced dill pickle chopped onion and it's not "bacon cheeseburger" without ketchup and mustard of course…. enjoy!.
I encourage all of you to taste your meat mixture before you spread it in your pan. Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole: Crunchy tater tots and gooey cheese come together in this easy casserole. It is always a winner, and even the fussiest eaters will often come back for seconds. It has all the delicious flavor of a burger, without having to fry individual patties. Plus, not only do tater tot casseroles incorporate everyone's favorite freezer-friendly potato staple into a decadent breakfast casserole, but they can also be customized with add-ons and substitutions to fit the needs of your family.