Chicken and dumpling soup.. Chicken and Dumplings Soup brings all the best qualities of Chicken and Dumplings together for the modern palate, leaving the gravy and heartburn in the past. We're having another Kitchen Conversation with Land O'Lakes! This time, the topic is Modernizing Vintage Recipes.
This classic, comforting chicken and dumpling soup from Delish.com is almost too easy to make. Nothing quite beats the creamy texture and savory flavor of cream of chicken soup. You can absolutely make your own copycat recipe from scratch, but we lean on the canned stuff for convenience here. You can cook Chicken and dumpling soup. using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and dumpling soup.
- It’s 4 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of eggs.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 can of corn or any vegetable of your choice corn is all i had at the time..
- Prepare 6 of chicken cubes.
This Chicken and Dumpling Soup is filled with the dumplings I grew up eating. They're somewhere between noodle and spatzle, but bigger. If you're looking for light and fluffy dumplings, you're at the wrong recipe. These dumplings are a bit heavier.
Chicken and dumpling soup. step by step
- Start cooking the chicken first. It takes the longest..
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Crack the egg into a measuring cup, and add enough water to equal 1 cup. Whisk with a fork. Gradually stir the egg-water and oil into the flour mixture with the fork until a soft dough is formed. Use your hands to mix the dough until is smooth and no longer sticky, adding more flour or water as needed. Cover the bowl, and set aside.
- Add the chicken cubes to the pot of water let it boil. Before adding dumplings..
- pinch off small pieces of the dough, and drop them into the boiling water. I like to use a cookie scooper because mine has a clip that will slide it off and my fingers don't get messy! Once all of the dumplings have been added, you can stir in the vegetables of your choice. Bring down to a simmer and let your dumplings cook for about 10 mins..
- When your chicken is cooked. Shave the meat and add to soup..
- And you have very yummy dumpling soup :). My family loves this recipe ! I love that you can really add anything to it. Potatoes, bacon, carrots! Anything! Its so easy and very inexpensive!.
This Chicken and Dumpling Soup recipe is made with creamy broth, succulent chicken, sweet carrots and light fluffy dumplings. It will really satisfy your longing for a good home cooked meal. My family just loves this recipe and I can feel great about all the wholesome ingredients in it. Our All-Time Favorite Version Of One Of The Most Classic Soup Recipes – Chicken And Dumplings! This Simple, Delicious Soup Is Filled With Chunks Of Chicken And Pieces Of Biscuit, Along With Your Favorite Veggies!