Green Chile Chicken Soup.
You can have Green Chile Chicken Soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Green Chile Chicken Soup
- It’s 8 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Skinless, boneless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Rosemary leaves.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- It’s 3 clove of of garlic minced (or 2 tablespoons of jarred garlic).
- It’s 1/2 of Roughly chopped small-med yellow onion.
- It’s 8 oz of Dry orzo pasta (cooked).
- It’s 1 of Chopped NM green chile (fresh/frozen is best, canned is pickled so it might taste different).
Green Chile Chicken Soup instructions
- Bring chicken to a low boil in 8 cups of water. Add spices and salt..
- Cook orzo pasta according to the directions, then drain, toss with olive oil and set aside..
- When chicken is nearly done cooking, add garlic and onions..
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove pieces from broth and roughly chop or shred..
- Once chopped, add chicken back to broth. Add green chile (the amount of green chile is up to your spice tolerance)..
- In serving bowl, add chicken and broth, and a scoop of cooked orzo..