My Mom's Spanish bean soup. Spanish Bean Soup takes you on a trip to Tampa Bay, where Cuban heritage is so alive & full of flavor. This flavorful soup is packed with delicious garbanzo Actually, I should give my mom some of the credit. She made it similar to this, I just adapted it a bit.
But this Spanish bean soup is not just any soup. Rather, it is a soup sent straight from the soup gods (if the soup gods took the form of my future You may be thinking that a recipe for a thick, hearty soup is a bit odd considering that yesterday was the first day of spring. Reviews for: Photos of Mom's Ham and Bean Soup. You can have My Mom's Spanish bean soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Mom's Spanish bean soup
- You need 5 lb of potatoes.
- You need 1 gallon of chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of saffron threads.
- It’s 1 of large hambone.
- You need 1/2 lb of ham.
- It’s 1 1/4 lb of beef chuck steak.
- You need 1/4 lb of salt pork.
- You need 12 cup of water.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of Spanish chorizo sausage the one from Spain.
- It’s 2 of large onions.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of minced garlic, the mild quarter cup strong garlic.
I was looking for a soup to use up a ham bone left from Easter Sunday, and this was perfect! It's similar to the way I usually make my bean soup, except this one has garlic and thyme. In a large stockpot add beans, salt pork, and enough cold water to Here's a note from Alex on what he does: Typically in a Spanish cocido the cooked meats would be I however, like my mom, add the cleaned and picked-through meat directly back into the soup, right. Spanish Soup Spanish Dishes Spanish Beans Spanish Bean Soup Recipe Spanish Cuisine Spanish Tapas Comida Latina White Bean Soup · You may be thinking that a recipe for a thick, hearty soup is a bit odd considering that yesterday was the first day of spring.
My Mom's Spanish bean soup instructions
- In a huge pot add 10 cups of water. Bring to boil..
- Add your meats. Cover cook till done. Take the meat out. Take the meat off the bone. Then chop all of meat into bite sized pieces..
- Add all the meat back into the soup. Here is an option chop the onions and add into soup, or leave whole if some doesn't like to eat onions. Add last 2 cups of water..
- Add garlic and saffron. Stir well. While it boils, peel the potatoes chop into cubes. Add into pot along with the chickpeas..
- Cook till potatoes are fork tender over low heat. Serve with Cuban bread, hope you enjoy!.
- This soup can be frozen. Just add water to thin out when you defrost it.
Spanish Bean Soup (Garbanzo Bean Soup) takes you on a trip to Tampa Bay, where Cuban heritage is so alive & full of flavor. Im trying so hard to find the recipe for spanish bean soup that is most like my Moms it was the best and I never wrote it down and your recipe looks the most like it including the. Spanish bean soup with kale and meatless! Menestra de Verduras (Spanish Vegetable Soup). Via The View From Great Island.