Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4. The most classic way to serve nettles is in nettle soup, made with potatoes, stock, and a little cream. If Stinging #Nettles grow where you live, and you're curious about #foraging and wild foods, you really should give this a try – it's one of the most delicious wild The recipe in this video is #vegetarian – but it can be very easily adapted for #vegans or for a dairy-free diet. On the other hand, it could also.
This gluten free vegan vegetable soup recipe also reheats very well. You can make it on a Sunday and feel confident about reheating it and serving it later in the week. previous post. Perfect valentines day treats that are gluten and dairy free. You can have Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4 using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4
- You need of nettle shoots.
- You need of butter or 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need of medium finely chopped onion.
- You need of small potatoes (any).
- You need of plain flour or GF flour.
- You need of vegetable or chicken stock cube.
- You need of Small bunch of parsley leaves, finely chopped.
- It’s of Single or double cream OR Elmlea Plant based cream (optional).
- It’s of finely chopped chives (optional).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Bread or croutons to serve.
This is a dense and delicious dark green nettle soup. Make it when nettles show up at the farmers markets in the Spring. I served mine with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkled with pepper. It was a major hit with the husband!
Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4 step by step
- Sauté the chopped onions on the butter or oil, stirring often – until it’s golden.
- Reduce fire, add the flour, stir for a minute or two, than add a mug of water and stir until it becomes creamy.
- Add stock cube, salt and pepper, stir and turn off the fire..
- Cut off the nettle leaves from the stem. You can use a fork or any other utensil to avoid holding it with your hand..
- Add the chopped potatoes and the nettle to the pot and add enough water to cover it. About 4-5 mugs of water should be sufficient. Turn the heat back on, cover the pot with a lid, and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked..
- Using a hand held blender or any other kind (be careful and make sure it’s suitable to blend hot beverages!!) cream the soup. Than add the finely chopped parsley and blend again if you wish..
- Add some cream if you prefer(4 -5 tbs should be enough) and adjust salt to your liking. To serve, use the chopped chives and another splash of cream to garnish. Enjoy with toast or croutons. Enjoy!.
Most of the recipes are gluten-free or can easily be adapted to gluten-free (like this vegan french onion soup To serve, remove the bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Pour the soup into oven-safe bowls, add a baguette slice Dairy-free does include milk-free, lactose-free, casein-free and whey-free, too! · Serve Ina Garten's Roasted Tomato Basil Soup recipe, made with canned and fresh plum tomatoes, for an elegant starter from Barefoot Contessa on Food The soup can be made vegan and/or gluten-free. This easy chilled soup is made with cucumbers, avocados add dairy-free creaminess. This simple vegan tomato soup gets its creaminess from light coconut milk. It's tangy, creamy, and perfect as an appetizer or a meal on its own with some croutons.