Oxtail Soup in Slow Cooker. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Slow Cooker Oxtail Soup – a hearty stew with rich broth and succulent tender meat that's comforting and perfect anytime of the year Cold and warm season. How to make an oxtail soup in a slow cooker.
I mean… it's a big pot of tender beef stew loaded with potatoes, carrots But let me tell you that this underrated cut of meat is great to make soups and stews. It's as meaty and rich as short ribs. This Slow Cooker Oxtail Stew is. You can have Oxtail Soup in Slow Cooker using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oxtail Soup in Slow Cooker
- You need 500 grams of oxtail.
- You need 3 of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- You need 3 of medium-sized potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of grated mace.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef broth (or 2 cups of water with bullion cubes).
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped celery.
In slow cooker, add water, oxtail, potatoes, carrots, peppercorns, bay leaves, celery, onion, and salt. If using regular barley, add at this time too. Note: Beef shanks, neck or other bones with meat remaining on them may be used in place of oxtail. Hawaiian oxtail soup with oxtails, slowly cooked to produce their own broth, with ginger, anise, orange peel, peanuts, chili, mustard greens, onions, and cilantro.
Oxtail Soup in Slow Cooker instructions
- Put everything except chopped celery in slow cooker..
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8 hours..
- Set to WARM and put chopped celery about 15 minutes before serving..
The oxtail is the tail of a steer, usually cut into segments. It is a flavorful, tough cut, perfect for slow braising in stews or soups, well. There are a few different ways to cook oxtail in the slow cooker, but some of the best ones are to season the oxtail with. Salt and pepper are not the only seasoning options when preparing oxtail, and cooking the meat in a slow cooker gives it plenty of time to absorb the flavors of your seasonings. This post may contain affiliate links.