Persian-Style Lentil Meatball Soup.
You can have Persian-Style Lentil Meatball Soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Persian-Style Lentil Meatball Soup
- It’s 300 ml of Lentils.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Uncooked white rice.
- You need 300 grams of Ground beef.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- It’s 2 of Boiled eggs.
- It’s 8 of Dried plums (or dried prunes).
- Prepare 1 of Ripe tomato (or canned tomatoes).
- It’s 3 of Soup stock cube.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 900 ml of Water.
Persian-Style Lentil Meatball Soup instructions
- Boil the lentils and rice for about 30 minutes until soft. Thoroughly drain the water and mash the lentils..
- Grate half of the onion, and knead it with 270 g of the beef and 1 teaspoon of salt until even..
- Combine Steps 1 and 2 and knead well..
- Season the remaining 30 g of beef with salt and pepper and lightly knead. Roll into small balls and cook in a frying pan..
- Quarter the boiled eggs..
- Divide the mixture from Step 3 into 8 portions. Form into balls around the dried plums, boiled eggs, and meatballs from Step 4..
- Cut the remaining half of the onion into wedges and sauté in a pot. Add the turmeric and continue sautéing..
- Cut the tomato into wedges, add to Step 7, and continue sautéing. Add 900 ml of water and the soup stock cubes and simmer..
- Add the balls from Step 6 to Step 8 and simmer for about 20 minutes..