Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup. This soup is my own recipe and is easy to make. It's thick and creamy texture is very filling and combined with a crusty french bread To cooked potato and broth mixture, add water, cream and roux stirring continuously until mixture thickens. Stir in the cheese, bacon bits, parsley, pepper and paprika.
Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup – a super easy recipe that's great for even the pickiest of eaters! Feeds a crowd in a hurry with every day pantry ingredients. While the potatoes are boiling, start on the base of the soup. You can cook Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup
- You need 2 slices of bacon – chopped ¼ inch dice.
- Prepare 1 ounce of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 of each vidalia sweet onion — fine diced.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery- fine dice.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic – finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 6 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 3 of each Idaho potatoes – diced ½ inch.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 8 ounces of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of cheddar cheese- shredded.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of parsley- chopped.
This quick and easy potato and bacon soup will impress your whole family and is perfect for a hearty weeknight meal. I also threw in some shredded cheddar I had on hand. Then it still wasn't thick enough for me so I sprinkled in some mashed potato flakes to thicken it up. Moms Pantry Potato Bacon and Cheddar Soup with Cheese Bread The most delicious Potato Cheddar Bacon Soup is yours!
Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup step by step
- Chop bacon, cook with oil in a 5 quart sauce pan at a moderate heat until crisp. Take out the bacon and set aside (Note leave the oil in the pan it will become part of the compound roux.).
- Add onions, celery and garlic and cook until tender or translucent.
- Add the flour to the pan to make the compound roux, stir in with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon for about 1 minute..
- Add chicken stock and the milk stirring in with a whisk for 1 minute then use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Stir periodically to prevent burning..
- Add the potatoes,salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes. The potatoes should be tender. Add the thyme 1/2 way through the simmering..
- Add cooked bacon back in. Adjust the seasoning to taste with salt and pepper if needed. Add the cheese stir in to melt. Add parsley.
- Note-This soup can always have more bacon, a dollop of sour cream or cheddar sprinkled on top:).
As far as soup recipes go, this one is hands down, my favorite. This Potato Cheddar Bacon Soup Recipe is the perfect comfort food for cold weather cooking! Use slotted spoon to transfer bacon to paper towels, leaving drippings in stockpot. Unwrap potatoes and cut lengthwise slits in the top of each. Carefully scoop out flesh from center of each potato into a medium bowl, then add butter, sour cream, chives, green onion whites, half the cheddar, and half the bacon.