Southwest-style chicken soup. This soup is easy to make, full of flavor, and comfort in a bowl. This is the perfect recipe for you electric pressure cooker addicts. It's hearty like chili but still brothy like soup.
DIRECTIONS Heat oil to medium in large soup pot. Place a pile of chips in soup bowl. Ladle in soup, top with sour cream and cheese. You can cook Southwest-style chicken soup using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southwest-style chicken soup
- Prepare of chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless.
- Prepare of dried oregano.
- It’s of large sweet onion, chopped.
- You need of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare of chili powder.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- Prepare of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of cayenne powder.
- Prepare of chipotle powder.
- Prepare of can diced tomatoes, including juice.
- You need of chicken broth.
- Prepare of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s of sweet corn kernels.
- Prepare of Garnishes.
- It’s of Cilantro, chopped.
- You need of Jalapeno pepper, chopped.
- Prepare of Avocado, sliced.
- Prepare of Sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- You need of Lime wedges.
- Prepare of Tortillas, crisped.
- It’s of Cheddar cheese, grated.
Try this Detox Southwest Chicken Soup to help kick-start your diet! This Southwest Chicken Soup is super clean and healthy. This Southwest-inspired chicken soup is loaded with black beans, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, and corn and cooked in a slow cooker for an easy weeknight I used less chicken broth by about half to make a more chunky soup and cut down on the chili powder and jalapenos as well. Southwest-Style Chicken Tortilla Soup is made to nourish and satisfy with nutritious, delicious ingredients you could find in your kitchen and no artificial flavors, no synthetic colors and no preservatives added.
Southwest-style chicken soup step by step
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2 cm strips. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oregano, a good pinch of salt, several grinds of black pepper, and a glug of olive oil..
- Put a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry until no pink remains, about 3 minutes..
- Add the onion and garlic. Continue frying until the chicken and onion are browned and caramelized, about 5 minutes..
- Sprinkle on the spices. Toss to coat, then fry 2 minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and black beans. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add the corn and simmer 1 more minute. Adjust the seasoning as required. Serve hot, with garnishes on the side..
JUST HEAT AND EAT: This ready-to-eat chicken tortilla soup ships as an. Southwestern Chicken Soup with Cornmeal DumplingsCooking and Beer. Our organic chicken bone broth is a perfect base for this Southwest Style Tortilla No, the soups are not vegetarian. The recipe's bone broth base is made with organic free-range chicken. Combine the chicken broth and the salsa into a large saucepan.