Tom Kha (Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup).
You can cook Tom Kha (Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tom Kha (Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup)
- You need 2 tsp of Canola oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sliced Mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chopped Red Bell Pepper.
- You need 4 tsp of Minced Peeled Fresh Ginger.
- You need 4 clove of Garlic, Minced.
- Prepare 1 of 3-inch Stalk Lemongrass, Halved Lengthwise.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sambel Oelek (ground fresh chile paste).
- It’s 3 cup of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Coconut Milk.
- It’s 4 tsp of Fish Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 cup of Shredded Cooked Chicken Breast (about 8 ounces).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Green Onion Strips.
- You need 3 tbsp of Chopped Fresh Cilantro.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fresh Lime Juice.
Tom Kha (Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) step by step
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat..
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, ginger, garlic, and lemongrass; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add chile paste; cook 1 minute..
- Add chicken stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar; bring to a simmer..
- Reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add chicken to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated..
- Discard lemongrass. Top with onions, cilantro, and juice..