Baked tomato soup. Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions. Delicious, flavorful and the best way to use up garden tomatoes! A simple, homemade soup made with fresh tomatoes is a perfect summertime treat when the best tomatoes are ripe in gardens and farmers' markets.
This isn't a typical meal in our house. View top rated Baked tomato soup recipes with ratings and reviews. Maida Heatter's Tomato Soup Cake, Baked Chicken With Tomato Soup, Grandma's Tomato Soup Meatloaf, etc. You can cook Baked tomato soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked tomato soup
- It’s 7 of tomatoes.
- You need 1 of very large onion.
- It’s 7-9 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 5-6 tbsp of olive oil or any vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken/beef/vegetable stock.
- It’s of Fresh basil leaves/ coriander (if possible use basil because of its strong flavor).
- It’s of Black pepper to your taste.
- It’s of Salt to your taste.
This Classic Tomato Soup is rich with a velvety texture. It's easy to make with canned tomatoes Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches are best when the air turns crisp, the mornings are. This tomato soup recipe is ultra creamy, but not full of cream—watch this short recipe video to see how. This tomato soup recipe is easy and delicious.
Baked tomato soup step by step
- Preheat your oven at 200degrees celcius.
- Wash your onions and tomatoes and dice them into big chunks and place them in a baking tray.
- Peel your garlic cloves and add them to the tray. Add the olive oil, black pepper and mix up your ingredients on the pan till they are well mixed..
- Bake in the oven for 20minutes and then transfer them to the cooking port.
- Add the basil/coriander, salt and the stock. Bring to boil.
- Pour the mix in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Transfer to soup bowl and serve with your favorite escort or you can take it on its own.
To make the tastiest tomato soup you'll ever experience wait until the tomatoes are at their most ripe and juicy, around September. This tomato soup is excellent with canned tomatoes. I love using whole peeled tomatoes or crushed tomatoes. By the way, we love San Marzano Tomatoes and are always pleased with tomatoes from. I developed this homemade canned tomato soup recipe specifically for the folks who loved my previous tomato soup recipe but wanted one that could be canned.