Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Enjoy your favorite restaurant's broccoli Cheddar soup any time with this delicious recipe! My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese.
Is there anything more hearty, cheesy and perfect than Broccoli Cheddar soup? This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is SO satisfying! It's loaded with fresh broccoli, and creamy It's about time you met this broccoli cheddar soup recipe. You can cook Broccoli Cheddar Soup using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Prepare 1 of large onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic,minced.
- You need 2 of carrots, diced to the size of your liking.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 cups of half and half.
- It’s 3-4 cups of chicken stock*.
- It’s 6-7 heads of broccoli crowns.
- You need 3-4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- Prepare 4 oz of cream cheese.
It's rich and indulgent, but not so much that it. This lightened up broccoli cheddar soup is made with olive oil and milk instead of butter and cream. It's a classic bowl of broccoli cheddar soup that will warm you up from inside out. Broccoli Cheddar Soup With Cheesy Croutons.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup instructions
- Melt butter in a large, heavy duty saucepan..
- Sauté onion and carrot on medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Sweating them down. Add minced garlic..
- Add flour. Stir flour into veggies. Turn heat down if browning too fast. You want to be able to cook the flour for about 5minutes..
- Add half and half..
- Add chicken stock. *If you like your soup thin, add all 4 cups. If you like a thicker soup,just add 3 cups..
- Add bay leaf..
- This is where I add my salt and pepper. I start out with 1tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. You can adjust to your preference..
- Bring soup up to a gentle boil, medium-high heat..let simmer for 10 minutes..
- At this point, I use my immersion blender. I've got kids that would die if they knew onions were in this. This way, you dont sacrifice flavor over the tastes of picky eaters..
- I threw about 1/2 tsp salt in and dumped my broccoli in. My broccoli was mostly florets,but I also left a head, with more stalks…for texture. Completely up to you…
- I lightly simmered, for 20 minutes. Or until your broccoli is tender..
- Remove bay leaf..
- Once you have tender broccoli, remove a couple cups of broccoli to a bowl. I used the immersion blender again, in the soup..
- Return the chunks of broccoli to the soup..
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese..
- Stir all that yummy cheese until it melts into the soup. .
- Ladle up and enjoy!! I served this in bread bowls. Delicious!.
Photo by Emma Fishman, Food Styling by Yekaterina Boytsova. You're looking for a soup that's rich. This Broccoli Cheddar Soup is the also a meal prep friendly recipe, so you can make it in a large We wanted to make this broccoli cheddar soup not only delicious but also healthier than the. A very good broccoli cheese soup. Note: you can purée half of your soup in a blender or with a handheld immersion blender if you choose however.