Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe.
You can have Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large carrot, peeled and finely diced.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of milk at room temperature.
- It’s 2 of heaping cups fresh chopped broccoli florets.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded + extra for topping.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of each dried oregano, ground nutmeg.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe instructions
- Place the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add in the carrots and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent…about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant. Then add in the butter and let it melt down..
- Gradually whisk in the flour in small batches. Whisk constantly until all the flour is added and incorporated. Mixture will be very thick. Allow the mix to cook for 1 minute, continuing to whisk..
- Whisk in the broth in small amounts, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated. Once all the broth is added, whisk in the milk and increase heat to med-high. Let this mixture come to a low boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, stir in the broccoli and lower the heat to med-low. Allow to simmer until the broccoli is tender…about 7-9 minutes. (If using larger sized florets, it may take longer). Then stir in the cream cheese and let that melt down into the soup..
- Stir in the seasonings and taste to see if you think it needs anything else. Then, if you'd like a less chunky soup, use an immersion blender to puree to the desired consistency. You could also use a blender or food processor in small batches, just be careful not to burn yourself..
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in both of the shredded cheeses until it is all melted and incorporated in. That's it, you're ready to serve!.