Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado.
You can have Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado
- You need 6 of corn tortillas, juilienned.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 medium of white onion, diced.
- You need 8 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 1/2 quart of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, seeded and diced.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro plus extra for garnish.
- You need 1 of avocado, diced and tossed in a bit of lime or lemon juice.
Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Baked tortilla strips until lightly browned and crispy, 3-5 minutes..
- In a large sauce pot cook onion and garlic in the oil until browned, 4-5 minutes..
- Add chicken, chicken broth, lime juice, tomato, salt and pepper. Gently simmer until chicken is fully cooked..
- Add cilantro and season to taste..
- Serve topped with avocado, cilantro and crispy tortilla stripes. I like a bit of extra fresh tomatoes as well..