Chicken in coconut soup with galangal and chillies (Tom Kha Gai).
You can have Chicken in coconut soup with galangal and chillies (Tom Kha Gai) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken in coconut soup with galangal and chillies (Tom Kha Gai)
- You need 300 grams of chicken.
- You need 400 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 200 ml of Chicken stock.
- You need 1 of rhizome of galangal (or 3 Tsp Galangal paste).
- Prepare 2 stalks of lemon grass (cut to 3 fingers long pieces and bruise them).
- You need 2 of shallots (bruise them).
- You need 3-4 of Kaffir Lime leaves.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of Tamarind paste.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Demerara sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2.5 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- It’s 2.5 tablespoon of Lime (Half large Lime).
- It’s 4-5 of bird eyes chillies (up to your taste).
- It’s 4-5 of dried chillies (you don't need to put this, if you don't have).
- It’s of Coriander for garnish.
Chicken in coconut soup with galangal and chillies (Tom Kha Gai) instructions
- Toast some dried chillies with a little oil in another pot that we will make the Tom Kha soup in. Take out the toasted dried chillies. Leave them on the side. We will use these dried chillies to garnish at the end..
- Boil chicken stock with galangal, lemon grass, shallots and a pinch of salt in to the pot. Once it’s boiling, put chicken. Then simmer with the medium heat. Don't stir them..
- Add 3/4 coconut milk and then bring it up to the boil..
- Stir them, then add tomatoes, mushroom, chopped chillies, the rest of coconut milk, sugar and tamarind paste. Stir them and bring it up to the boil..
- Add kaffir lime leaves, Turn off the heat and add fish sauce and lime juice. Mix them and taste it and add more salt, chillies or lime (up to your taste)..
- Add back toasted dried chillies and garnish with coriander..