Chilli Con Carne Soup. This is a soupy version of a classic chilli – kept mellow so children can enjoy it too, from BBC Good Food. Texans have claimed Chili as their own, even going as far to legally make it the official dish of Texas (!!?). The dish known simply as Chili in the US and Canada is known as Chilli Con Carne here in Australia and in the UK.
Chili con carne, meaning 'chili with meat', is a spicy stew containing chili peppers (sometimes in the form of chili powder), meat (usually beef), and often tomatoes and beans. Other seasonings may include garlic, onions, and cumin. The dish originated in northern Mexico or southern Texas. You can have Chilli Con Carne Soup using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chilli Con Carne Soup
- You need 200-250 g of Beef, Chicken OR Pork *cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 of Onion *finely chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic *finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Oil.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Hot Chilli Powder OR Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of Ground Paprika.
- It’s 1-2 teaspoons of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1-2 teaspoons of Ground Coriander Seeds.
- Prepare 1 of canned (400g) Diced Tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of Stock of your choice.
- You need 1 of canned (*400g) Beans of your choice *drained.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Oregano, Coriander Leaves or Parsley.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of cooked Barley.
Try our easy to follow chilli con carne soup recipe. Absolutely delicious with the best ingredients from Woolworths. Add cumin, coriander, lemon pepper and chilli. With chunks of chuck roast, browned in bacon fat and cooked with red kidney beans, red chili and chipotle chili, onion, garlic, jalapeños, tomatoes, and lime juice. › Chili Con Carne.
Chilli Con Carne Soup instructions
- Heat Oil in a large saucepan or pot over medium-high heat, cook Onion, Garlic and Meat..
- Add Spices and stir-fry for a few minutes, add Tomatoes and Stock, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add drained canned Beans and cooked Barley, and simmer for a few minutes. Add Oregano (OR Coriander Leaves or Parsley) and season with Salt & Pepper..
Meanwhile, heat the baguette in the oven following pack instructions. Sprinkle the soup with the cheese and spring onions, and serve with the hot garlic baguette. Struggling to make the perfect Chilli Con Carne? Nadia Sawalha is here to help you with her foolproof Lazy Mums Supper recipe. Quick and easy with just the.