Egg Drop Soup. Growing up, my family had a tradition of eating lunch at our local. Egg drop soup (Chinese: 蛋花湯; pinyin: Dànhuātāng) is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth. Condiments such as black or white pepper, and finely chopped scallions and tofu are optional, but commonly added to the soup.
All Reviews for Egg Drop Soup (Better than Restaurant Quality!) Learn how to make homemade egg drop soup just like you'd order at the Chinese restaurant or buffet! This recipe is so simple, so delicious and uses. It's made with eggs, ginger, green onions, and mushrooms. You can have Egg Drop Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg Drop Soup
- You need 24 ounces of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 of " piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced in half.
- You need 1 of scallion, sliced. Separate white parts from green ends.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of fine ground white pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of fine ground sea salt.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of tumeric.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, beaten.
Egg drop soup makes me think of her every time I see it, and it's a soup I turn to when I need something light, comforting, and warm. Here's how you can make it at home. Egg drop soup, or egg flower soup, has long been a favorite at Chinese restaurants. Many people have always wanted to try their hand at making the dish, but were worried how it would turn out.
Egg Drop Soup instructions
- In large stock pan add broth, ginger, white part of scallion, salt, pepper and tumeric. Bring to boil over medium heat. Once it boils reduce to simmer..
- Simmer for 1/2 an hour. Remove ginger. Add in sesame oil. Remove 1/2 cup of broth and set aside..
- Add corn starch to reserved broth and mix well. Add back to broth in saucepan..
- Bring broth back up to a low boil. Cook 2 minutes. Using chopsticks, add beaten eggs whisking rapidly with chopsticks. Serve immediately. Garnish with scallion greens..
Egg drop soup recipe 蛋花汤 is the easiest Chinese soup recipe to prepare. Chinese restaurants usually have high-quality soup stock as the base of the soup. Egg drop soup (also called egg flower soup) is known as 蛋花湯 in Chinese. In its simplest form, the only ingredients needed are the broth itself, eggs, and spring onion (also known as green onions or. Egg drop soup was always her first choice.