Egg Drop soup.
You can have Egg Drop soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egg Drop soup
- It’s 1 cup of veg or chicken stock (see recipe).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of cornflour.
- You need 2 tbsps of water at room temperature.
- Prepare of Salt if needed.
- Prepare of For Garnishing.
- You need 1 Pinch of crushed Black pepper.
- You need of Little green onion chopped.
Egg Drop soup step by step
- Heat the veg/ chicken stock in a pan. In the meantime, whisk the egg and make the cornfour slurry of cornfour and water. Check salt in the stock, if needed add salt as per taste..
- Once it starts boiling, add in the cornfour slurry in the stock and stir it immediately so that no lumps form. Boil for a minute or so…the stock will thicken a bit. If you want more thicker soup you can add more Cornflour but I don't like very thick soups..
- Now drizzle the whisked egg in the boiling stock and simultaneously stir the stock as you drizzle it. Keep stirring and boil for a minute or so. Your Egg Drop Soup is ready. Pour it in the bowl, sprinkle some crushed Black pepper and garnish with chopped green onion. Enjoy !!!.