Egg Drop soup. Growing up, my family had a tradition of eating lunch at our local. Egg drop soup (Chinese: 蛋花湯; pinyin: Dànhuātāng) is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth. Condiments such as black or white pepper, and finely chopped scallions and tofu are optional, but commonly added to the soup.
All Reviews for Egg Drop Soup (Better than Restaurant Quality!) Learn how to make homemade egg drop soup just like you'd order at the Chinese restaurant or buffet! This recipe is so simple, so delicious and uses. It's made with eggs, ginger, green onions, and mushrooms. You can cook Egg Drop soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egg Drop soup
- Prepare 1 cup of veg or chicken stock (see recipe).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cornflour.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of water at room temperature.
- You need of Salt if needed.
- Prepare of For Garnishing.
- You need 1 Pinch of crushed Black pepper.
- It’s of Little green onion chopped.
Egg drop soup makes me think of her every time I see it, and it's a soup I turn to when I need something light, comforting, and warm. Here's how you can make it at home. Egg drop soup, or egg flower soup, has long been a favorite at Chinese restaurants. Many people have always wanted to try their hand at making the dish, but were worried how it would turn out.
Egg Drop soup instructions
- Heat the veg/ chicken stock in a pan. In the meantime, whisk the egg and make the cornfour slurry of cornfour and water. Check salt in the stock, if needed add salt as per taste..
- Once it starts boiling, add in the cornfour slurry in the stock and stir it immediately so that no lumps form. Boil for a minute or so…the stock will thicken a bit. If you want more thicker soup you can add more Cornflour but I don't like very thick soups..
- Now drizzle the whisked egg in the boiling stock and simultaneously stir the stock as you drizzle it. Keep stirring and boil for a minute or so. Your Egg Drop Soup is ready. Pour it in the bowl, sprinkle some crushed Black pepper and garnish with chopped green onion. Enjoy !!!.
Egg drop soup recipe 蛋花汤 is the easiest Chinese soup recipe to prepare. Chinese restaurants usually have high-quality soup stock as the base of the soup. Egg drop soup (also called egg flower soup) is known as 蛋花湯 in Chinese. In its simplest form, the only ingredients needed are the broth itself, eggs, and spring onion (also known as green onions or. Egg drop soup was always her first choice.