Fisherman soup. Fisherman soup is a popular delicacy in riverine communities in Nigeria. In the past, when fishermen went out to catch fish and got hungry. Technically, Fisherman's soup is just a fish broth made with Palm oil.
We bought a few sea breams for the barbecue and while they had been gutted and cleaned in the. Finely chop the vegetables and boil. When ready, strain and remove the vegetables. You can have Fisherman soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fisherman soup
- You need 1 kg of Crab.
- You need 1 kg of Croaker fish.
- It’s 1 kg of Snail.
- It’s 300 g of Periwinkle.
- It’s 200 g of Ngolo.
- You need 500 g of Chicken.
- It’s 2 of table spooons of ground crayfish.
- Prepare of Seasonings.
- You need 100 g of Oziza leaf.
- You need 50 g of Oziza seed.
- It’s 5 of table spoons of garri.
- It’s 6 of Yellow pepper.
- You need of Small cup of palm oil.
Add the various types of fish, chopped in small pieces; strain the fish pieces liquid into another pot. Strain the fish, removing all bones at the same time. Set the pot to boil and add the Carp pieces, salt and pepper. A staple in coastal cuisines across the globe, seafood-based soup can take many forms.
Fisherman soup instructions
- Cook all sea food together. Starting with crab. Add croaker fish and periwinkle last. Do not over cook sea food, total time shouldn't exceed 25mins..
- Parboil chicken to medium soft.
- Use chicken stock to cook soup broth. Add seasonings, pounded yellow pepper,grounded oziza seeds, palm oil and crayfish..
- When soup broth is cooking (about 7 mins after all ingredients have been added) add garri as thickner. Then add chicken and cooked sea food. Allow to cook for 2-3 mins. Serve hot with corn meal (agidi or any swallow of your choice)..
I have prepared the soup for people with shellfish allergies; the thing to do is to substitute the clam juice with white wine, fish stock, or water. It works, it's just not quite as tasty. Fisherman's soup or halászlé is a hot, spicy paprika-based river fish soup, originating as a dish of Hungarian cuisine, a bright red hot soup prepared with generous amounts of hot paprika and carp or. One of the easiest and healthiest fish soups is the Russian Ukha. Prepared by cooking a fish broth from a Fishing was also part of the day and our picnic lunch included this fisherman's soup – Ukha.