Hot and Sour Soup. Hot and sour soup is a soup from Asian culinary traditions. In all cases, the soup contains ingredients to make it both spicy and sour. Soup preparation may use chicken or pork broth, or may be meat-free.
The time required varies from an hour to two or three hours, as it depends on the thickness of the mushrooms. This restaurant-style Hot and Sour Soup recipe is the best!! It's quick and simple to make, easy to adapt to your personal taste preferences, and so delicious! You can have Hot and Sour Soup using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot and Sour Soup
- It’s For of Vegetables -.
- Prepare 6 of french beans ( cut into juliennes).
- Prepare 1 of medium sized carrot.
- Prepare 1 cup of green cabbage.
- You need 1 cup of mushrooms.
- You need 1 of small capsicum.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of spring onion chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ginger garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 of Green chilli crushed.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of soya sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of red chilli sauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp of vinegar.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of cornflour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of spring greens chopped.
Savoury, spicy, sour and hearty, Hot and Sour Soup is completely addictive! This recipe stacks up to the best Chinese restaurants. Hot and Sour soup is a Chinese soup that's savoury, spicy and tangy. The broth is thickened and it's filled with mushrooms, tofu, bamboo shoots and silky egg ribbons.
Hot and Sour Soup step by step
- In a deep pan heat oil add ginger, garlic, green chilli, beans, carrot, cabbage, mushroom, capsicum..
- Toss and stir on high flame..
- Add water and boil on high flame for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Once boiled add soya sauce, vinegar, red chilli sauce and mix well.
- Now add salt, sugar, black pepper and stir..
- Add the mushrooms..
- Mix cornflour with cold water until no lbs are seen and add it to the boiling soup..
- Stir and add spring greens..
- Serve hot,.
Hot and sour soup can be found on any takeout menu or Chinese buffet line in the US. It ranges in quality and flavor from awesomely delicious to lukewarm, tasteless, and gloopy. There was a time when I never thought to make it myself and resigned myself to the luck of the draw when it came to ordering it. Hot and sour soup 酸辣湯 is a traditional northern Chinese favorite packed with the acidity of Zhenjiang vinegar, the spiciness of the white pepper and the. Hot and sour soup (Suan La Tang) is a common dish popular in China especially in cold winter.