Kumara and carrot lentil curry soup. PS: If you make my curried carrot and lentil soup, don't forget to tag me on Instagram as @lazycatkitchen and use the #lazycatkitchen hashtag. A hearty, comforting soup with tons of plant-based protein and fiber. Hearty, comforting curry lentil soup with potatoes and kale!
This Instant Pot Curried Carrot Lentil Soup is a spin-off of this carrot ginger soup, a huge fave around here. For this carrot soup recipe, I thought I'd add red lentils for protein and nutrition, plus a good amount of curry powder for loads of flavor. This spicy vegetable soup is super low in fat and calories. You can cook Kumara and carrot lentil curry soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kumara and carrot lentil curry soup
- You need 1 of large kumara.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots.
- It’s 1 cup of yellow lentils.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 TSP of curry powder.
- You need 1 TSP of turmeric.
- Prepare to taste of Chilli powder.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Fresh lime.
Serve with a dollop of cooling yogurt and fresh coriander. Try our spicy carrot and lentil soup. This amazing red lentil soup is packed with flavor from ginger, coconut milk, and curry powder. Ideas for Customizing Curried Red Lentil Soup.
Kumara and carrot lentil curry soup instructions
- Fry onion and garlic until soft. Then add spices and fry for further 30 seconds.
- Add Kumara and carrots and stir to combine with spice/onion mix.
- Add hot stock, 1 cup water and lentils. Bring to boil then simmer at low heat with lid until lentils are cooked (about 45 mins).
- Put into food processor and process until smooth.
- Place back into pot and add coconut milk. Heat gently until hot.
- Serve with finely chopped cilantro and lime juice.
Though I didn't tweak this at all for the first iteration of this stew, I have since added and subtracted various ingredients to. Honestly I didn't realize that Curried Lentil soup and Lentil Curry soup were two different things so I was a bit disappointed in the taste. Followed other's suggestions not to puree used carrots instead of broccoli and cooked orzo instead of cooked rice just because of. yoghurt or sour cream, to serve. Heat oil in pan, add Onion, coriander and cumin; cook, stirring, until Onion is soft. Add kumara, Lentils, water and crumbled stock cubes.