Left over mashed potato soup. Great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. Perfect for a light lunch or serving with sandwiches. Blend in mashed potatoes, stirring until lumps are gone.
That's where these delicious recipes come in. Turn those leftover mashed potatoes into soups, patties, doughnuts, and more. This Mashed Potato Soup recipe is a delicious alternative to leftovers & sure to be a new family favorite! You can have Left over mashed potato soup using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Left over mashed potato soup
- It’s 2 cup of left over potatos.
- Prepare 2 stick of celery.
- You need 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of parsley.
- You need 1/2 of fine chopped onion.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 can of chicken broth.
- It’s of salt.
- You need 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- Prepare 5 of strips of bacon.
- It’s 1 bunch of chopped green onion.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
This Leftover Mashed Potato Soup combines those tired potatoes with fresh veggies to make a light but creamy soup that will make your taste buds and those leftover spuds happy. You can always eat leftover mashed potatoes straight from the fridge, use them as a topping for shepherd's pie , or thin them out with chicken broth and simmer with sautéed leeks, thyme, and a splash of white wine for soup. Our leftovers recipes are best made with a simple mash – neutral flavourings like butter and milk are nice and versatile so can be used for a While mash would work perfectly well in a traditional leek & potato soup , go off-piste with a more adventurous combination. Mashed potato dumplings soup makes the perfect use of leftover mashed potatoes after the holidays.
Left over mashed potato soup step by step
- cook bacon in cooking pot.
- remove bacon when crisp leaving the drippings.
- add butter onion and celery cook until tender.
- stir in flour.
- stir in chicken broth 2-3 min. add water if you prefer it thinner.
- whisk in left over poatoes add bacon crumbles but leave some for garnish.
- stir in cheedar cheese leave some for garnish.
- mix in sour cream add parsley,salt and pepper to your desire. fill bowl garnish with cheese bacon and green onions ..enjoy.
Find the full recipe on goop.com. Mashed potato dumplings may sound odd, but they're actually pretty common in eastern Europe. Use your leftover mashed potatoes to stir up a tasty potato bake that's hearty enough to be a meal by itself and flexible enough Use those mashed potatoes for some delicious, warm-you-from-the-inside soup, and we wouldn't be telling you about it unless it was. This is how I use up leftover mash! Also can be made with fresh potatoes, and leeks instead of onions.