Opiokpor soup(Okra Vegetable soup). Okra Soup/ Okro soup is one of the most popular Nigerian soups. How to cook seafood okra soup using barracuda fish. How to make okra soup – nigerian okro soup
Okra has a slippery feel when rubbed with the fingers. The edible green seed pods can also be used in stews and soups. This easy okra soup features can be made with fresh, frozen, or canned vegetables – make sure to include lots of tomatoes, okra, lima beans, and Pour chicken stock over mixture and bring to a boil over medium heat. You can cook Opiokpor soup(Okra Vegetable soup) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Opiokpor soup(Okra Vegetable soup)
- It’s of Bitter leaf (washed).
- It’s of Palm oil.
- It’s of Perewinkle.
- You need of Pumpkin leave(Ugu).
- Prepare of Dry fish.
- Prepare of Assorted meat.
- It’s of Fresh pepper (blended).
- It’s of Crayfish (blended).
- Prepare of Okra (sliced).
Okra (Okro) Soup is a farm fresh soup recipe prepared with green vegetables. Okra Soup is one of the quickest and easiest Nigerian soups to prepare. Some argue that a lot of work goes to the cutting of the two vegetables used in preparing this recipe. Okra soup is one very popular igbo soup in Nigerian, learn how to prepare okro soup in a very simple step by step procedure.
Opiokpor soup(Okra Vegetable soup) step by step
- First and foremost wash your bitterleaf and set aside. For me I like mine a little bitter so I wash a little..
- Wash ur perewinkle thoroughly and set aside. Wash ur dry fish too and set aside.
- Wash and steam ur meat. Add palm oil,add ur blended crayfish and fresh pepper to the meat,also add ur dry fish and perewinkle then cover and allow to boil.
- Wash your pumpkin(ugu) and the slice d them. Wash ur okra and sliced them too..
- Add seasonings, add ur washed bitterleaf and allow to cook for about 5/7mins.
- Lastly add ur sliced okra and sliced Pumpkin then allow to cook for 2/3mins..
Wash the beef and fish, season with a half teaspoon of salt, two seasoning cubes and half cup of sliced onions. allow them to boil together for. Just like ogbono soup and Ewedu soup, Okro soup has a viscous texture which makes it an acquired taste. Okra soup is often classically made with beef (beef parts) and fish. However, shrimps, Lamb Meat, goat meat, or any other meat or fish of choice can be used. Gingered Pork-Vegetable Soup with Wonton NoodlesPork.