Roasted tomato basil soup. Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions. Delicious, flavorful and the best way to use up garden tomatoes! You'll never want to go back to the canned stuff after you try this.
This soup requires minimal ingredients but yields such amazing results! Here you combine several pounds of fresh tomatoes (which you roast to perfection), several cups of fresh basil and a fair amount of garlic. The best roasted tomato basil soup recipe on the internet! You can cook Roasted tomato basil soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted tomato basil soup
- It’s of cassarole dishes.
- You need of assorted tomatoes.
- It’s of cherry tomatoes.
- You need of bulbs garlic divided.
- You need of Avacodo or Olive oil.
- You need of Course sea salt.
- You need of Buttery Potatoes of choice.
- You need of sm. Onion.
- You need of bell pepper.
- You need of Red wine.
- It’s of tbls. Chopped fresh basil.
This recipe relies on fresh tomatoes and herbs rather than cream or milk. Roasted tomato soup is all about the fresh tomatoes, which are oven roasted until sweet and caramelized, then simmered in chicken stock with ton of fresh basil. With fresh roasted tomatoes, garlic, caramelized onions, and basil, this delicious Homemade Tomato Basil Soup Recipe is easily enjoyed year-round. Everyone has their own favorite tomato soup.
Roasted tomato basil soup instructions
- Tip one this is best when used from your garden Tom's. I use a combo of red orange and gold Tomatoes both large and cherries. Specifically a mix of different reds then sunny boy and lemon boys. Cherries a combo of pear, sweet , and sun sugar..
- Next quarter lg. Tom's and halve the cherries. Layer large across bottom or dish sprinkle cherries over top. Crowded but not overlapping to much..
- Deskin, smash, and lightly chop garlic then toss evenly ish divided over tomatoes.
- Drizzle with oil of choice. Then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roast in oven at 425 for 15mins. Blend and with a blending stick and strain through a tomato sieve..
- Dice Potatoes, bell,and onion small. Cook on low till Potatoes are soft and the onions are clear. Add half basil cook about a min longer. Now add the wine cover and simmer. Till they mush easy..
- Now add the tomatoes puree to the sauteed base and blend with a blending stick. Simmer till desired consistancy..
For some, it's rich and creamy, while others may prefer a fresher, lighter soup with roasted tomatoes. Transfer the roasted vegetables to a slow cooker. Add the oregano, thyme, tomato paste, and vegetable stock. Using an immersion blender or a standing blender, puree the soup until creamy. Stack and roll the basil leaves, then thinly slice.