Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon.
You can have Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Unsalted Butter.
- You need 2 of shallots thinly sliced.
- It’s 4 sprigs of fresh Thyme.
- You need 1/4 cup of Peels From the Sweet Potatoes.
- Prepare 4 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 Pounds of Sweet Potatoes.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare of For the garnish.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 4-6 slices of bacon.
- It’s of Green onions or chives thinly sliced enough to top the soup.
Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon step by step
- Peel the Sweet Potatoes saving ¼ cup of the peels. Then cut the potatoes in half-length wise, then slice ½ inch thick cuts width wise..
- Melt butter in pot then add the shallots and thyme and cook for about 5 min till soft..
- Now add the water and bring the water to just to it begins to boil and then turn off the heat and add the sweet potatoes and the peels into the pot and let everything steep for 20 min. With a cover on the pot.
- After the 20 min add the Table spoon of Brown Sugar, ½ teaspoon of cider vinegar, 1 ½ teaspoons of kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper..
- Turn the heat back on and bring to almost boiling again once it reaches to a simmer cook for 10 min on medium heat..
- While you wait cut the bacon into small strips and begin to cook the bacon until crispy. Drain the fat away and then place the bacon back into the pan and add the 3 teaspoons of brown sugar and the Cider Vinegar..
- Cook until the sugar dissolves and is well coated the bacon. Place onto a plate once the bacon is done..
- Once the Potatoes are done cooking remove the thyme sprigs and spoon the potatoes and peels into the blender but only fill it about half way. Puree until smooth. Work in batches until all the potatoes and peels are completely smooth. Place back everything back into the pot..
- Mix the Sour Cream with the maple syrup.
- Place the soup into the bowl add the maple sour cream and then add the candied bacon around the soup. And chives or green onions Enjoy..