Tomato gravy. I've made Tomato Gravy in the past but never had actually seen a recipe for it. I didn't have tomato I prepared Mama's tomato gravy over biscuits this past week and it seems that I never get tired of it. An old southern recipe for tomato gravy.
Some of us are even raised eating gravy with our regular meals. Gravy is a delight to have over hot biscuits or with hot dinner rolls; the choices are endless. Tomato gravy is "a desperation gravy," something that cooks could make with the foods they had at Food historians have yet to trace a geographic epicenter for tomato gravy. You can have Tomato gravy using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato gravy
- Prepare 6 of medium tomatoes grated.
- You need 125 ml of Tomato sauce.
- You need 1 of large onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 of beef stock cube.
- You need 1 TBS of sugar.
- You need 2 TSP of Moroccan spices.
- You need 2 tsp of bbq.
- It’s 2 TSP of steak n chop spice.
- You need 2 TSP of chicken spice.
- Prepare 2 TBS of Rich hearty beef soup.
- You need 2 TBS of Rich tomato and beef soup.
- It’s of Drizzle of olive oil.
Tomato Gravy has always been a breakfast staple in my family. I can't count the number of times I remember hearing that pop as my mom would open a jar of my grandmother's homemade canned. Hamburger Steaks with Tomato Gravy are seasoned hamburger patties are cooked and topped with a creamy. This Southern tomato gravy is incredibly delicious, and it is amazing on split, buttered biscuits.
Tomato gravy step by step
- Pour oil in a pot and fry your onion.
- Then as it's frying and turning brownish the add your beef stock on it.
- Then stir and add all the spices on the onion mixture.
- Mix together all the spices and let them cook just for a minute or so.
- While that is cooking prepare your tomato dish by adding tomato sauce on top of the grated tomato and a 1 TBS of sugar to kill the sourness of the tomatoes.
- Mix together the tomato to pour on the onion that is being fried.
- While it's cooking then take that tomato dish and pour your soups to make a soup thickens.
- Mix with cold water then check your gravy and see the it's cooked now just misses the soups.
- Now it's ready to be poured on the tomato mixture.
- Then poured and stir and lower the stove heat to thickens slowly.
- Cover the pot and let it cook and then once it's cooked the gravy will thickens.
- You can serve it with any things but mine was served with pap, gravy and braai meat.
The tomato gravy is also an excellent way to use garden-fresh tomatoes. Tomato gravy is nice as a sauce over: rice, pasta, or pan fried meats such as chicken, fish, or pork. This is a nice practice gravy as it isn't meant to be perfectly smooth, don't stress over any small lumps. You'll love the flavor of this gravy. We tried it with canned tomatoes but prefer the flavor and texture of fresh.