Tuscan Bean Soup. This easy to make Tuscan bean soup is the perfect meal for fall and winter weather or busy weeknights any time of the year! Sooo I'm cheating a little bit on this Tuscan Soup recipe, guys. How to Make Tuscan Bean Soup.
Add chicken broth, beans and their liquid, rosemary stems, parmesan rind, and bay leaves. Increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. You can have Tuscan Bean Soup using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tuscan Bean Soup
- It’s 2 of large onions.
- You need 4 of celery sticks.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic (crushed).
- You need 3 of large carrots.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tsp smoked paprika.
- It’s 5 sprigs of fresh thyme (leaves only).
- It’s 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary (leaves only).
- It’s 2 (400 g) of tins chopped tomatoes.
- You need 2 litres of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 2 (400 g) of tins flageolet beans (drained and rinsed).
- You need 1 (400 g) of tin cannellini beans (drained and rinsed).
- It’s of Small savoy cabbage.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Serve with.
- It’s of Green pesto (or vegan alternative).
- Prepare of Crusty bread.
Try our updated classic Tuscan white bean soup recipe with Swanson Chicken Broth and Italian seasoning for an simple, hearty, and rustic Tuscan-style soup with kale. Tuscan White Bean Soup from Barefoot Contessa. A flavorful hearty stew from Tuscany, called Ribollita with Cannellini beans, lacinato kale, and vegetables, served with crusty bread, drizzled with a Lemon Rosemary Garlic Oil. This dish was inspired by Vote_for_Pedro's White Bean & Spinach Soup.
Tuscan Bean Soup instructions
- Chop the onion and celery into small chunks. Put in a large stock pot with the oil, cover and cook over a low heat for 10 mins, until softened..
- Meanwhile, chop the carrot into small chunks. Then add to the pot with the crushed garlic, herbs and paprika and cook for 10 mins until the carrot is starting to soften..
- Meanwhile chop the cabbage, drain the beans and make the stock..
- Add the tomatoes and stock to the pan and bring to a simmer. Then add the beans and cabbage and cook for 20 mins..
- Serve with a spoon of green pesto and some crusty bread. Freeze some portions for future use..
Author Nancy Harmon Jenkins uses olive oil three ways in this version of the venerable Italian soup: for sautéing garlic, rubbing on the toasts that accompany the dish, and. My version of a delicious Tuscan Bean Soup! Loaded with bacon, smoked sausage and lots of beans, it's truly comfort food at its finest. This is an easy to make, hearty and delicious soup. Tuscan Bean Soup is the best comforting meal on a chilly and rainy day.