Two halves baked potato in sauce #RamadhanContest. Lynn demonstrates a delicious side dish, Parmesan Baked Potato Halves. These are super easy to make and you can add whatever seasonings that you like to. Plain baked potatoes aren't too high in calories, it's what you put on top of them that adds up.
This recipe simmers the potatoes in a basic seasoned white sauce before the casserole is baked to perfection. Since most of the time required is spent in the oven, it's nice for a weeknight meal. Buttery baked-potato halves can be served on the side of our Beef Tenderloin with Shallot Mustard Sauce. You can have Two halves baked potato in sauce #RamadhanContest using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Two halves baked potato in sauce #RamadhanContest
- Prepare 7 of large potatoes peeled, halved and washed.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- You need 3 of small tomatoes.
- You need Half of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 Tb of afya Mchuzi mix.
- Prepare 1 of ts cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 of pkt tomato paste.
- You need 1 Tb of tomato sauce.
- You need 3 Tb of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 of ts curry powder.
- It’s of Some water for the soup.
Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, and arrange, cut sides up, in a baking dish. These Parmesan Baked Potato Halves are great on their own, but we especially love dipping them in a side of sour cream sprinkled with a little dried basil. Ranch dressing is also REALLY good! You can make these with potatoes other than russets.
Two halves baked potato in sauce #RamadhanContest instructions
- Line the baking tin with aluminium foil and preheat oven 250 degrees..
- Prep all your ingredients.
- Heat the pan with oil.
- Add the onions and fry.
- Add the garlic and fry.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer till tender..
- Place the tomato paste in a small tin, add some water to form a thick paste..
- Add it in the sauce and stir.Let it boil till ready..
- Add the potatoes and stir..
- Stir till all the potatoes are well coated..
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork to allow the sauce to marinate the potatoes..
- Place it in the baking tin..
- Place it in the preheated oven and bake for 40 min 250 degrees..
- Cover with aluminium foil after 20 min..
- Check the potatoes after 40 min..
- Serve and enjoy .
We have made them with red potatoes and gold. Russet potatoes are the best choice for making twice baked potatoes. Their shape and size works well for this purpose and one half of a stuffed Russet is a perfect single serving size (or eat two halves if you're really hungry!) The skins of Russet potatoes are also a little more sturdy than red potatoes. On their own, baked potatoes are one of the absolute best foods. With just a little bit of creativity, you can transform a baked potato into something extraordinary: a complete meal, to start.