Afang soup. Afang soup is fast climbing the top of the list of popular Nigerian soup. If you are interested in exploring Nigerian foods, this delicious soup would definitely spur your interest in Nigerian foods. Afang soup is one of the easiest Nigerian soups you can make – it is also delicious and full of nutrition!
Afang Soup recipe at long last… Yay!!! Afang Soup is one of the most popular traditional Nigerian soups. It is very nutritious, medicinal and native to the Efik people of Nigeria. You can cook Afang soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Afang soup
- You need of Waterleaf (sliced).
- You need bunch of Ukazi(sliced)small.
- You need of Vegetable (ugu).
- You need of Salt.
- You need 4 of fresh pepper.
- Prepare 2 of Maggi cubes.
- You need 2 of cksp Crayfish.
- It’s 1/4 of palmoil.
- You need 1 kg of meat.
- You need 1 head of stock Fish.
- It’s 2 pieces of dryfish.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
Afang Soup is a nutritious soup made with Afang leaves/Okazi leaves,water leaves&assorted Afang soup is one of the richest and somewhat medicinal vegetable soups of the Efiks/Ibibios in. Afang Soup is of Nigerian origin-a much-celebrated recipe from the efik ethnic group in the southern part of Nigeria -and often served at ceremonial occasions such as weddings. Afang is a traditional soup hailing from the southeastern parts of Nigeria. It's made with a The afang leaves are ground or pounded and the onions are chopped before the beef is boiled with the onions.
Afang soup step by step
- Boil meat and stock fish with onion,maggi and salt..
- Wash the dry fish and keep aside.slice all the vegetables..
- Place a dry pot on fire allow to dry pour in the the palmoil allow to fry small then the sliced onions and the water leaf.stir with a wooden spoon till there is no more water in the oil..
- Add crayfish,pepper,salt,maggi and stir very well.awell.allow to boil well..
- Add the meat,dry fish and stock fish please don't add the water because water from the water leaf is enough for the soup..
- Allow to meat and the stock fish to mix very well then add the uziza,stir and add ugu.stir and bring down immediately.soup is ready..
Afang soup is a vegetable sauce highly rated by many Nigerians. Traditionally, a delicious sauce popular in eastern Nigeria. See recipes for Afang soup, Afang soup with a fresh taste too. Nigerian Afang soup is a delicious dish that's native to the southern region of Nigeria. While it contains meat and seafood, the star of the dish is dried okazi — or afang — leaves.