Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole. Impossibly Easy Tater Tots™ Cheeseburger Casserole. This cheeseburger Tater Tot® casserole is a quick and easy weeknight dinner that's family friendly. We're always down for a bacon cheeseburger but when we thought up a way to turn the dish into a delicious casserole with the addition of tater tots, we were totally hooked!
Cheeseburgers, especially bacon cheeseburgers, are literally our most favorite thing to order out, whether we're grabbing fast food or. This recipe for tater tot casserole was inspired by another time-honored American tradition; a classic cheeseburger and fries. How to make Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole: First things first, you're going to pull out your saute pan and fry up some bacon. You can cook Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
- You need 1-1/2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1 (3 oz) of bag of real bacon bits.
- You need 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 (32 oz) of bag of frozen tater tots.
- Prepare 1 (10.75 oz) of can of condensed cheddar cheese soup.
- You need 16 oz of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Top with bacon, tater tots, and shredded cheese. Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Casserole is a flavorful, easy weeknight dinner. Your favorite ground meat, bacon, cheeses, tater tots and more! Now, back to this Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Casserole.
Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13 in pan with cooking spray & set it aside..
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet until it’s no longer pink & then drain. Heat the pan & add a bit of oil for better browning. Add the meat to the pan, break it into large pieces, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt, & let it sit for a few minutes. Break the beef into smaller pieces as it cooks. Stir occasionally until the beef is browned..
- Combine cooked beef, bacon bits, cheddar cheese, tater tots, cheese soup & sour cream..
- Spread the combined ingredients into the pan..
- Bake for 45-50 minutes..
I encourage all of you to taste your meat mixture before you spread it in your pan. Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole: Crunchy tater tots and gooey cheese come together in this easy casserole. It is always a winner, and even the fussiest eaters will often come back for seconds. It has all the delicious flavor of a burger, without having to fry individual patties. Plus, not only do tater tot casseroles incorporate everyone's favorite freezer-friendly potato staple into a decadent breakfast casserole, but they can also be customized with add-ons and substitutions to fit the needs of your family.