Broccoli and Cheddar Soup. Enjoy your favorite restaurant's broccoli Cheddar soup any time with this delicious recipe! My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese.
Soup is an essential winter meal and when it comes to picking our absolute. Is there anything better than Broccoli Cheddar soup? You get all of the stick your bones goodness you get from all the best comfort food while indulging in the sharp, cheesy flavor from the cheddar. You can have Broccoli and Cheddar Soup using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Onion.
- It’s of Garlic cloves.
- You need of Flour.
- It’s of Chicken stock.
- It’s of Milk.
- It’s of Broccoli.
- Prepare of Sharp chedder cheese.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
Perfect on a winter night, yet we crave it year round. Feel free to add some extra broccoli in there to. I love broccoli cheddar soup and will be making this soon! How much (volume) chopped onion do you estimate is in "one small onion"?
Broccoli and Cheddar Soup step by step
- Start by putting olive oil and the pan and heating it up on medium heat..
- Dice the onion and garlic and add to the oil and cook until it starts to brown..
- Once brown, add the flour and stir well..
- Once mixture is bubbling, add chicken stock and milk..
- Bring mixture up to a simmer and add salt and pepper to taste..
- As soon as mixture is brought up to a simmer, add the broccoli and let it cook until fork tender..
- Add the cheese a little bit at a time and stir into the soup until melted completely..
- Serve in a bowl with more cheese for garnish and some bread. Enjoy!.
Also, I typically add my cream/milk after pureeing because I worry it will overcook — is there a benefit to putting it in while you are cooking the carrots and broccoli? I've been on a really big soup kick lately. I just can't seem to get enough of the stuff. My soup craving actually started I just recently became a huge fan of broccoli cheddar soup after having it at Panera Bread and Ruby Tuesday. I must say though, I prefer the.