Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan. Forget chicken noodle soup, this vegan Chickpea Noodle Soup recipe is loaded with veggies, protein rich chickpeas, hearty pasta & flavorful In this recipe, carrots, celery and onion are sauteed and simmered with vegetable broth, herbs, chickpeas and pasta for a hearty and delicious vegan soup. This soup reheats easily in the microwave or on the stove top. As the soup sits in the fridge the grains continue absorbing the broth so you might find it necessary to add some extra vegetable stock or This looks wonderful and it incorporates two of his favourite things – coconut curry and chickpeas.
I also added potatoes, which I completely forgot about during this photo. If you're looking for a deep vegetarian chicken soup flavor, this Better Than. Chickpea and Vegetable Picnic Hand Pies (vegan). You can have Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 3 of carrots, chopped.
- You need 3 sticks of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, peeled and crushed.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lebanese 7 spice or baharat or ras el hanout.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need of anything from a pinch to 1/2 tsp chilli flakes depending on taste.
- It’s 1 litre of vegan/ veggie stock.
- It’s 1 can of /400g chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of can/ 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of red lentils, rinsed and drained.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s of Parsley or coriander to garnish.
A hand held meal encased in the most flaky, golden puff pastry. These are a must for your next Vegan chickpea noodle soup with bright accents of parsley and lemon to lighten up this otherwise wintery soup. With carrots, peas, and whole wheat. This vegan chickpea vegetable chowder is satisfying and delicious.
Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium-low heat. Add the garlic, onion, celery and carrot. Sauté for about 10 mins til they start to soften..
- Add the spices, stir through and cook for a minute or two..
- Add the stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil..
- Add the chickpeas and lentils. Season. Bring down to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20-25 minutes..
- Squeeze in the lemon. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle the parsley or coriander. Enjoy!.
It's made with chickpeas, potatoes and carrot for a bit of a twist on classic vegetable chowder. Blend half the soup for a thick and chunky, hearty soup you'll want to eat all winter long. This soup is low in fat, gluten-free, oil-free. Discover our best vegan chickpea recipes for filling snacks and hearty mains. This Southern Indian chickpea curry, created by reader Jon Gregg, is a vegan recipe that's three of your five-a-day.