EdikaIkong soup. Edikaikong soup has over the years topped the list of Nigerian popular soups because of its nutritional value and ease of preparation. The name edikaikong simply translates to "vegetable soup". Before you cook the Edikaikong Soup.
Edikaikong/Edikang Ikong soup is a nutritious, tasty, leafy green vegetable soup from Southern Nigeria made with fluted pumpkin leaves and Malabar spinach. Edikaikong soup, also known as "Edikang Ikong soup" is a dish originating from Nigeria. There are lots of variations for the soup. You can cook EdikaIkong soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of EdikaIkong soup
- Prepare of Ugwu (washed and sliced).
- Prepare of Waterleaves (washed and sliced (.
- Prepare of Goat meat, beef, kpomo, stockfish, dryfish, perewinkle.
- It’s of Palm oil.
- Prepare cubes of Salt and seasoning.
- Prepare of Fresh pepper (grinded).
- It’s of Crayfish (blended).
- Prepare of Onions (diced).
For example, some people choose to add onions. Edikaikong is a Nigerian soup that is especially beloved because it is a valuable source of nutrition and vitamins. It is prepared with a combination of the following ingredients: crayfish, fish head stock. Edikaikong soup is a mouth watering nutritious vegetable soup, native to the Efiks of Cross River and Akwa Ibom states in Nigeria and one of their most richest and popular soup recipe.
EdikaIkong soup instructions
- Wash Ur meat and boil with onions, pepper, salt, cubes till soft, add stockfish, kpomo n dry fish half way boiled so they cook and get tasty together then set aside..
- Put waterleaves in a pot and put in fire, allow to boil out n dry it's water then add ur crayfish and meat stock n all the boiled proteins n the perewinkle and allow to boil, add more cube n salt if not tasty enough then add palm oil n allow to cook for about 5minutes and then add the vegetable and stir let it mix evenly with everything and turn off heat..
- It's best enjoyed fresh and hot with preferred swallow. Yummy!.
Edikang Ikong / Edikaikong soup is a nutritious Nigerian soup recipe made with a generous amount of fresh leafy vegetables, dried fish and assorted meat. It is actually one of the native soups of the. The edikaikong soup recipe has its roots in the history of Nigerian nation, to be exact some ethnic The edikaikong soup means merely vegetable soup, the name of the dish fully reflects its content. Edikang ikong soup or commonly known as the shortened edikaikong soup is the original soup from Nigerian country. Made and popularized by people from the states of Akwa Ibom and Cross River.