Editan Soup Paired with Eba. Editan soup is a very delicious soup that is alway eaten with eba, fufu, amala etc. IT Is easy and fast to prepare. Ingredients are: editan leaf water leaf meat of your choice fish palm oil onions pepper seasoning cube salt to taste.
IT Is usually eaten with eba, fufu semovita and any other solid. IT Is very delicious, easy and fast to prepare. This video teaches how to prepare a perfect editan soup very easy, fast, delicious and mouthery. You can have Editan Soup Paired with Eba using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Editan Soup Paired with Eba
- You need of I bunch of Editan leave thinnly sliced.
- It’s of Generous amount of water leaves (picked, washed and sliced).
- It’s of I kg Assorted Meat or Goat Meat or Just beef.
- You need 1/2 kg of Ponmo.
- You need of I medium Stockfish head (Isi Okporoko).
- You need 5 of medium snails (optional).
- Prepare 2 of medium Dried Fish / Smoked Fish.
- Prepare of I Cup pounded Crayfish (don't make too smooth).
- Prepare 2 cups of Periwinkles (you can use either d shelled ones or removed.
- You need 1/2 cup of slightly pounded dried pawns.
- You need 6 of fresh yellow pepper (pounded).
- You need 11/2 cups of Palm oil.
- It’s of I tbs of black pepper (use according to your taste).
- You need 2 of Seasoning Cubes.
- You need of I big onion.
- You need of Salt.
This is the link to Jenny's channel please subscribe to her. Nigerian food specialists/cooks are attempting to break limits and make nearby dishes in tremendous ways. The question is; if this is put before you, would you consume it? Editan soup is a vegetable soup that originates from the Efik People of Cross River State in South South Nigeria.
Editan Soup Paired with Eba instructions
- To prepare the Editan leaves…After it has been sliced, put into a bowl, and pour in hot water over it and allow to rest for 5 mins. Sieve to drain out the greenish bitter water. Do this 3 times, once the Bitter taste is reduced, rinse in cold water by squeezing out water and keep aside..
- Once the meats, ponmo and snails are well seasoned and cooked till tender with just right amount of stock in pot, add the stockfish head and allow boil. (don't add too much water cos the water leaves gives it own juice/ water).
- Add water leaves, Palm oil, periwinkles, Dried fish, 1/2 of the crayyfish, Pepper, seasoning cubes, stir and stir. Allow to cook for 3mins.
- Add in the already wash Editan leaves without stirring. Cover the pot and allow to cook for 5mins..
- Open the pot and give it a good stir. Add remain crayfish, dried pound pawns, black pepper stir and taste for salt. Allow it on low heat for 5 mins.
- Remove from heat and enjoy with Epang-iwa, semo Fufu or paired it up with Eba kust like I did…..
It is popularly known amongst the Cross River State people. The soup is made from Editan leaf, a bitter leaf. Before being cooked the bitterness must be squeezed out. It does not really matter what dish you cook first, so we will tell you about the soup and then about the eba, and you can decide whichever one to Now you know how to cook tasty egusi soup with eba. We hope that you and your family are going to enjoy this flavourful meal.