Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot).
You can have Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot)
- It’s 1 lb of dry great northern beans.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- You need 2 of celery stalks.
- You need 2 of medium carrots.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of beef boullion paste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot) step by step
- Soak beans in water overnight (can do this in the crockpot with it unplugged).
- Drain water and pick out bad or split beans..
- Chop celery, carrots, garlic, and onion. Add to crockpot along with bay leaves..
- Add enough water to cover ingredients. 4 cups worked for me. Can add more if needed..
- Add beef bouillon paste (I use better than bouillon beef base), butter, and olive oil..
- Cook on high for 6 hours..
- Remove bay leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Can use immersion blender to puree part of the soup to thicken if preferred..
- Enjoy :).