Hot and Warming Minestrone Soup. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Buy us a cup of coffee.
Warm up with this vegetarian minestrone soup! This classic minestrone soup recipe is healthy, easy to make, and tastes incredible. It's vegan, too, if you Minestrone is a hearty Italian vegetable soup made with tomato-y broth and pasta or rice. You can cook Hot and Warming Minestrone Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot and Warming Minestrone Soup
- It’s 1/2 medium of Carrot.
- You need 1 small of Onion.
- It’s 1 large of Potato.
- It’s 100 grams of Bacon block.
- It’s 120 grams of Cooked soy beans.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 800 ml of Water.
- Prepare 3 of Consommé soup stock cubes (or more as needed).
- Prepare 1 of Canned tomato (whole or diced).
- You need 80 ml of White wine.
- It’s 1 of Parsley or string beans (optional).
I've been working hard on this recipe and I'm so excited. The minestrone soup I've been serving for years began as Ina Garten's Winter Minestrone soup, but since I can't help but tinker with a recipe, it has since morphed into my own. I often skip the pancetta, and substitute whatever melange of vegetables I have in the crisper drawer. Minestrone Soup – the best chunky soup in the world!
Hot and Warming Minestrone Soup step by step
- Quarter the carrot vertically and thinly slice. Halve the onion vertically and slice. Dice the potatoes and bacon into 1 cm cubes..
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pot and add carrots, onions, and potatoes and saute for a few minutes..
- Add water, stock cubes, and bay leaves and bring to a simmer..
- Add bacon, soy beans, canned tomato, and white wine and simmer for about 10 minutes. Using a ladle, mash the tomatoes while cooking. You could also cut the tomatoes beforehand..
- Adjust the seasoning with the stock cubes, salt and pepper! Thaw frozen string beans and cut into small pieces. Place on top of the soup and it's done..
Filled to the brim with vegetables, pasta How to make Minestrone Soup. There's no denying there's a fair amount of veggie chopping involved, but the But nobody says no to crusty bread for dunking – especially if it's warm and slathered in butter. Minestrone is a thick Italian soup typically made with vegetables, beans, and pasta. Once hot, add water, onion, and garlic and stir. Be careful not to overheat the soup when warming leftovers, as the pasta is tender once cooked and will.