JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA. This soup, made with the bacon stock from Boiled Smoked Bacon, is so named because of the thick, dense 'peasouper' London fogs that were so prevalent After that the bacon and softened vegetables can be transferred to join the stock and split peas. Then add some salt and freshly milled pepper, put. Split pea soup is so easy!
Split Pea Soup with Rosemary. "This soup is simple and fantastic. I also added some diced ham and blended about a Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup with Bacon and Hash Browns. Here's a rich and hearty split pea soup with a twist. You can cook JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA
- You need 1 lb. of dry split green peas.
- It’s 4 of smoked bacon slices.
- You need 2 tbsp. of bacon fat.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 cup of onions, small diced.
- You need 2/3 cup of carrot, small diced.
- You need 2/3 cup of celery, small diced.
- It’s 1 tsp. of fresh thyme leaves.
- You need 1 tsp. of fresh oregano, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of basil leaves cut in strips.
- You need 1 of chicken cube chicken bouillon.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper.
- It’s 8 cups of pork stock, chicken stock or water.
- You need of feta cheese bruscheta.
- It’s 12 of baguette bread slices.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 2 of smoked bacon slices cooked and diced.
- You need 2/3 cup of feta cheese, small diced.
- It’s 2 tsp. of chopped oregano.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of paprika powder.
Since the peas do not need to be pre-soaked, it can be put. Roasted Tomato Soup with Fresh Tomatoes I've discovered the delights of a Greggs cheese and bacon wrap – they're so delicious but even better than that. Many people's first memory of pea soup is one made by a grandmother for a huge gathering of family and friends.
JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA instructions
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together..
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender..
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more..
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano..
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown..
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips..
This version is made with a generous amount of bacon for garnish, along with a few potatoes and other vegetables to help thicken and flavor the soup. Would you like a side of split pea soup with your bacon? But, seriously, this split pea gets its bold smoky flavor from a whole lot of bacon. Serve garnished with parsley and bacon. This hearty split pea soup gets a great budget-friendly dinner.