Loaded Potato Soup. Loaded baked potatoes get a lightened makeover in this hearty and flavor-packed recipe. Look no farther than this time-tested recipe for baked potato soup, which features a rich broth and all your favorite baked potato toppings. This Loaded Potato Soup can be made gluten free by using a gluten free cream of chicken soup.
So now that I work from home all day, I get to watch a lot of television. Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. See recipes for Ultimate loaded potato Soup too. You can have Loaded Potato Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Soup
- You need 3 lb of red potatoes, washed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 8 cup of half and half.
- You need 16 oz of Velveeta cheese, melted.
- You need 3 can of Campbell's cheddar cheese soup.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of pepper, to taste.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of hot sauce.
- You need 1 lb of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- Prepare 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh chives, chopped.
Loaded potato soup is the ultimate cozy dinner idea, and this one is so easy to make! It's all that's great about a baked potato, remade as a healthy soup. This Loaded Potato Soup is super creamy and loaded with all the favorites! This loaded potato soup is packed with tender chunks of potatoes, some veggies, bacon and.
Loaded Potato Soup step by step
- Wash and dry potatoes, then dice unpeeled, into 1/2" cubes. Place in a large pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and let them boil for about 10 minutes or until about 3/4 of the way cooked..
- In a stockpot or dutch oven, melt the butter, and once melted, add the flour. Whisk until smooth. Place over low heat and slowly add the half and half, whisking constantly. Continue to whisk until smooth and liquid begins to thicken slightly..
- Add melted Velveeta and stir well. Add cheddar cheese soup and stir well again. Drain potatoes and add to soup. Stir in garlic powder, pepper, and hot sauce..
- Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Ladle soup into bowls or bread bowls, top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chives and parsley. Enjoy!!.
- I picked up premade bread bowls from a Panera Bread store, I didn't make them myself..
Thick, creamy loaded potato soup topped with all the fixings! This quick and easy one-pot recipe is a cold weather staple! It's a classic just like our chicken noodle soup, minestrone soup and tortilla soup. When done, the tip of a paring knife. This easy Loaded Potato Soup recipe doesn't require any peeling, baking or even draining your potatoes.