Oxtail Soup. Oxtail tastes like beef, but more specifically, like a more tender, silkier short rib in terms of texture. Hawaiian oxtail soup with oxtails, slowly cooked to produce their own broth, with ginger, anise, orange peel, peanuts, chili, mustard greens, onions, and cilantro. Forget canned soup – this homemade oxtail soup has great taste.
This oxtail soup recipe is so simple and easy that I am a little embarrassed to even publish it. But Sarah loves it, and said that we should, so I'm going to listen to the boss. 🙂 A Chinese Dinner Needs. Slow Cooker Oxtail Soup – a hearty stew with rich broth and succulent tender meat that's comforting and perfect anytime of the year Cold and warm season. You can have Oxtail Soup using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oxtail Soup
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 of sinagang.
- Prepare 1 pinch of pepper.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 small of Ginger.
- Prepare 3 lb of Oxtail Meat.
- You need 1 each of sweet round onion.
- Prepare 5 each of star anise.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Cabbage Won Bok.
Today's recipe is for Korean style oxtail soup (called sokkoritang: 소꼬리탕 in Korean)! Today while I was editing the video, I thought oxtail soup is perfect for the weather like today. Oxtail Soup Recipe, Hawaiian Oxtail Soup This easy Thai oxtail soup recipe is healthy and so comforting!
Oxtail Soup instructions
- 1) trim fat off meat.
- 2) boil meat with salt (1st boil).
- 3) wash meat and wash pot.
- 4) boil meat (2nd boil) with star anise, salt, pepper and sinagang on high heat.
- 5) once boil, simmer and put 2 stainless forks to help with softening of the meat…let simmer for 1hr to 1hr half.
- 6) once meat is soft, remover layer of oil.
- 7) remove meat into another pot and strain water (removing all excess fat and star anise).
- 8) add onions, ginger and cilantro (thyme if needed). let simmer for 8-12 mins..
- 9) add more sinagang if needed.
- 10) once ready to eat, add cabbage wine bok and rest of cilantro.
The perfect winter or fall dish, and the ultimate comfort food. Oxtail soup is one of my favorite muslim Thai dishes. Unlike western oxtail stew and oxtail soup, this soup follows other Thai spicy soups by having a strong lime flavor and being spicy hot. With the help of a pressure cooker, Oxtail Soup (Hong Kong Style Borscht) can be prepared in much less time! Oxtail soup is also called poor man's soup.