Oxtail Soup. Oxtail tastes like beef, but more specifically, like a more tender, silkier short rib in terms of texture. Hawaiian oxtail soup with oxtails, slowly cooked to produce their own broth, with ginger, anise, orange peel, peanuts, chili, mustard greens, onions, and cilantro. Forget canned soup – this homemade oxtail soup has great taste.
This oxtail soup recipe is so simple and easy that I am a little embarrassed to even publish it. But Sarah loves it, and said that we should, so I'm going to listen to the boss. 🙂 A Chinese Dinner Needs. Slow Cooker Oxtail Soup – a hearty stew with rich broth and succulent tender meat that's comforting and perfect anytime of the year Cold and warm season. You can have Oxtail Soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oxtail Soup
- You need 4 pounds of oxtails cut into 1inch thick pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of dry mustard.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomatoes paste.
- It’s 1 of large can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 of carrots sliced 1/2 inch thick.
- You need 3 of ribs celery 1/2 inch thick.
- It’s 2 of leeks trimmed 1/2 inch thick.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need 4 sprigs of thyme.
- You need 5 cups of low sodium beef broth.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh parsley.
Today's recipe is for Korean style oxtail soup (called sokkoritang: 소꼬리탕 in Korean)! Today while I was editing the video, I thought oxtail soup is perfect for the weather like today. Oxtail Soup Recipe, Hawaiian Oxtail Soup This easy Thai oxtail soup recipe is healthy and so comforting!
Oxtail Soup step by step
- Place meat in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Add vinegar, cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Drain; pat dry..
- Place a rack in the lower third of oven and preheat to 325ºF. In a large ziplock bag, mix flour, mustard, 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Warm 2 Tbsp. oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Working in batches, toss oxtail pieces in flour mixture, shake off excess and brown on all sides in pot, turning with tongs. Do not overcrowd the pan. Remove to a plate; repeat with remaining pieces, adding more oil to pan as needed..
- Pour wine into pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring to scrape up browned bits from bottom. Add onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato paste; cook for 1 minute. Return meat to pan and add carrots, celery, leeks, crushed tomatoes, bay leaves and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover pot and place in oven. Cook until meat is very tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 3 hours..
- Remove oxtail pieces to a plate to cool. Discard bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Skim fat off top of stew in pot. Pick meat off bones and return to pot; discard bones and gristle. Rewarm stew over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and stir in parsley..
The perfect winter or fall dish, and the ultimate comfort food. Oxtail soup is one of my favorite muslim Thai dishes. Unlike western oxtail stew and oxtail soup, this soup follows other Thai spicy soups by having a strong lime flavor and being spicy hot. With the help of a pressure cooker, Oxtail Soup (Hong Kong Style Borscht) can be prepared in much less time! Oxtail soup is also called poor man's soup.