Potato bacon cheddar Soup. This soup is my own recipe and is easy to make. It's thick and creamy texture is very filling and combined with a crusty french bread To cooked potato and broth mixture, add water, cream and roux stirring continuously until mixture thickens. Stir in the cheese, bacon bits, parsley, pepper and paprika.
Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup – a super easy recipe that's great for even the pickiest of eaters! Feeds a crowd in a hurry with every day pantry ingredients. While the potatoes are boiling, start on the base of the soup. You can have Potato bacon cheddar Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato bacon cheddar Soup
- It’s 1 packages of Bear Creek classic Potato soup starter.
- It’s 1 packages of Bear Creek cheddar Potato soup starter.
- It’s 1 of * water or stock in the amount that the Bear Creek soup starters call for.
- You need 1/4 packages of bacon.
- You need 2 lb of potatoes, I always the Maine ones, peeled, and cut in quarters.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 pints of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of mini boule loaves, for individual servings.
This quick and easy potato and bacon soup will impress your whole family and is perfect for a hearty weeknight meal. I also threw in some shredded cheddar I had on hand. Then it still wasn't thick enough for me so I sprinkled in some mashed potato flakes to thicken it up. Moms Pantry Potato Bacon and Cheddar Soup with Cheese Bread The most delicious Potato Cheddar Bacon Soup is yours!
Potato bacon cheddar Soup step by step
- Place all ingredients except the bacon into a crockpot..
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high 3-4 hours..
- During the last 20 min or so of the cooking time, cook the bacon until crispy (1 min per slice in the microwave works for me, b/c I am usually doing this totally last minute!) and add to crockpot..
- Hollow out mini boule loaf, add soup, and dig in!!.
As far as soup recipes go, this one is hands down, my favorite. This Potato Cheddar Bacon Soup Recipe is the perfect comfort food for cold weather cooking! Use slotted spoon to transfer bacon to paper towels, leaving drippings in stockpot. Unwrap potatoes and cut lengthwise slits in the top of each. Carefully scoop out flesh from center of each potato into a medium bowl, then add butter, sour cream, chives, green onion whites, half the cheddar, and half the bacon.