Potato & Bacon Soup. The potato is a root vegetable native to the Americas, a starchy tuber of the plant Solanum tuberosum, and the plant itself is a perennial in the nightshade family, Solanaceae. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. "Spud" redirects here. The potato plant (Solanum tuberosum) is a member of the Solanaceae, or nightshade, family, a family of flowering plants that also includes the eggplant, mandrake, deadly nightshade or belladonna, tobacco, tomato, and petunia.
Potatoes are frequently served whole or mashed as a cooked vegetable and are also ground into potato flour. Potatoes are tubers that are a staple food in many parts of the world, particularly Europe and the West. They are commonly categorised according to when they're harvested (early. You can have Potato & Bacon Soup using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato & Bacon Soup
- It’s 2 lb of Idaho potatoes; peeled & medium dice.
- Prepare 1 lb of bacon; small dice.
- It’s 1 of carrot; peeled & medium dice.
- You need 1 of white onion; medium dice.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery; medium dice.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves; creamed.
- Prepare 2 t of herbes de provence.
- It’s 48 oz of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 C of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 C of grated parmigiano reggiano.
- It’s as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
- Prepare as needed of sour cream.
Borrowed from Spanish patata, itself borrowed from Taíno batata. (UK) IPA(key): /pəˈteɪ.təʊ/, [pə̥ˈtʰeɪtʰəʊ]. (General American) enPR: pə-tāʹtō, IPA(key): /pəˈteɪ.toʊ/, [pə̥ˈtʰeɪɾoʊ], [pə̥ˈtʰeɪɾə]. Potato Potato Facts and Figures How Potato Grows Potato Nutrition Native Potato Varieties Wild Potato Species Potato Processing and Uses Potato Pests and Diseases. The potato is a starchy, tuberous crop from the perennial Solanum tuberosum of the Solanaceae family (also known as the nightshades). The word potato may refer to the plant itself as well as the edible tuber.
Potato & Bacon Soup instructions
- Place chicken stock and bay leaves in a seperate saucepot. Bring to a boil. Reduce by 1/3..
- Slowly render bacon fat on medium-low heat until bacon is crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and pat dry between paper towels. Reserve..
- Add celery, carrots, and onions with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Sweat on medium-low heat until veggies begin to soften, about 5-8 minutes..
- Add potatoes. Season with herbes de provence, salt, and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes..
- Add garlic. Cook 1 minute..
- Heat heavy cream to a simmer in a seperate saucepot..
- Add chicken stock. Simmer until potatoes are tender, approximately 15 minutes..
- Remove bay leaves. Puree the soup in the pot with an immersion blender. (Puree 3/4 of the soup if you want some bite).
- Add heavy cream. Stir to combine..
- Add cheese slowly while whisking..
- Simmer 5 minutes. Do not boil. (If you want a thicker soup, a roux or slurry can be added).
- Add 3/4 of the bacon to the soup..
- Garnish with sour cream and bacon..
- Variations; leeks, milk, kale, spinach, corn, paprika, smoked paprika, cheddar, roasted red bell pepper, roasted garlic, chives, scallions, peppercorn melange, butter, Italian seasoning, rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, parsley, basil, applewood seasoning, asiago, asparagus, broccoli, tarragon, dill, cilantro, coconut, dried onion soup mix, milk, canola oil, vegetable oil, vegetable stock, beer, white wine, white pepper, celery root, celery seed, turnips, butternut squash, acorn squash, lemon,.
- Horseradish, zucchini, green beans, creme fraiche, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, cardamom, capers, swiss, gruyere, parmesean, romano, fontina, cumin, curry, fennel, marjoram, mint, ground mustard, jalapeño, poblano, habanero, peas, saffron, savory, shallots, white wine vinegar.
In the region of the Andes, there are some other closely related cultivated potato species. potato. A word used by some people to describe themselves in a humorous way. Generally used by girls with low self-esteem who think they aren't attractive and/or cute enough to make guys, especially. Examples of potato in a Sentence. She's growing carrots and potatoes in her garden this year.