Quick and Easy Onion Gratin Soup. Thanks for trying the onion soup and for all the thoughtful reviews. Just a couple of comments I thought might be helpful. Cut the onion in half, and thinly slice.
Excellent and very easy to half. I usually end up spending over an hour carmelizing the onions for a halfed batch and about an. Onion & Fennel Soup Gratin from Barefoot Contessa. You can have Quick and Easy Onion Gratin Soup using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quick and Easy Onion Gratin Soup
- Prepare 2 small of Onion.
- It’s 1 of Processed cheese.
- Prepare 2 slice of Baguette.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Pepper.
- You need 2 of cubes Soup stock cubes (I recommend additive-free).
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 400 ml of Water.
Peel and finely slice the onion into half moons. Recipe excerpted from Soup Nights: Satisfying Soups and Sides for Delicious Meals All Year by Betty Rosbottom. This recipe is based loosely on the first onion soup I ever made from Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume I. The main difference is Onion Swiss Chard Gratin.
Quick and Easy Onion Gratin Soup instructions
- Prepare the ingredients..
- Cut the onions into thin wedges, and place in a heatproof dish..
- Put 1 tablespoon of butter on top, loosely cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 15 minutes at 500 W..
- When you remove the wrap, please be careful because it'll be hot. If the onions are soft and wilted, it will take less to sauté them until they turn light brown..
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the onions from Step 3, and sauté..
- Saute over medium heat while stirring. They will be lightly browned as illustrated in the picture in about 10 minutes..
- Add 2 cubes of the soup stock and pour in 400 ml of water while crushing them..
- Once the soup stock cubes have dissolved, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt..
- Add pepper to your liking..
- Transfer Step 8 into heatproof bowls. Put lightly toasted baguette on top..
- Sprinkle with processed cheese on top. It will be more delicious if you use your favourite grated cheese..
- Bake in a oven or in a preheated oven or toaster oven at 180°C until the cheese is lightly browned. Now it's done..
Barefoot Contessa – Recipes – Onion & Fennel Soup Gratin. Easy to make with rich flavors. Be sure to cook the onions to a golden brown to get the fullness of the flavors. I used quality ingredients and boy did that pay off. French onion soup is a recipe that never goes out of style.