Sig's Bread and Mushroom soup.
You can cook Sig's Bread and Mushroom soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's Bread and Mushroom soup
- You need of unsalted butter ,melted.
- You need of Portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- It’s of Spanish onion, peeled and chopped very finely.
- It’s of 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need of water or 1/2 cup.
- You need of to 5 slices of soft white bread, broken into small bits.
- It’s of or 2 good pinches of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of or 2 pinches of salt.
- It’s of fresh chopped coriander or parsley for garnish ( if using dried parsley only use half the amount compared to the fresh as dried herbs are stronger in flavour).
- Prepare of heavy or double cream ( optional ).
- You need of cognac or brandy ( optional).
Sig's Bread and Mushroom soup step by step
- Gently heat the butter in a pan, sauté the onions and the mushrooms in this until they are soft but not browned.
- Add the torn or shredded white bread and the milk and water , leave to soak in for about ten minutes..
- Puree all ingredients except the double cream and brandy if using in the soup and return to heat , do not boil , add more milk or water if you want it thinner.
- Add the parsley, you can use dried (but only use half the amount ) and cream if using and season with salt and the pepper.
- Add the cognac if using stir into soup Serve..